Season 2 Chapter 1

Steve and Ajuka Beelzebub was sitting in a room waiting for Sirzechs.

"What is he taking so long for..." grumbled Steve as Ajuka just kept reading the documents he had brought.

'It's a little weird to see devils handle paperwork and stuff...'

"Ah, you both were already here," Sirzechs off-handedly said as he entered the room.

As soon as he did, the door closed behind him, and the sound of something cutting through the air as the walls, the roof, and the ground simmered for a bit.

"Now the room is soundproof. What's the matter?" Steve asked seriously as both Ajuka and Sirzechs turned serious.

"The research we found in that place... I investigated that," Ajuka said as he pushed forward a file.

"Multiple mutated beast corpses were found, and there was one common thing, all these were killed by human weapons. No weird stuff, just traces of Gunpowder, broken shells, and a faint hint of cursed energy," he further explained as Steve grimly nodded.

"So we not only have a Curse-Supernatural hybrid like cursed Devils or Cursed angels, but now we have potentially human killer of these beasts that we can't identify?"

"Not only that, Human Conspiracy theorists have started brewing theories. A few unclear, hazy pictures are circulating amongst humans, and while it might not mean much, it could lead other factions like the Mythologies or Human Mage groups to get close to the truth..." Sirzechs informed Steve.

"And you want me to deal with it?"

"1.2 Mil for Investigation, 10 Mil for the scale of the operation, 2 Mil for the neutralization of the threat, additional 500K per kill, and 1 Mil per capture," Sirzechs put forward the offer as Steve put his hand on his chin, thinking.

"But the already existing commission to investigate Cock and Balls and the fallen angels..."

"... I know it's a lot to ask, but it's something you're an expert on and only you can handle it."

"No, I'm not declining, I'm just thinking stuff out," he replied as Sirzechs nodded.

"I'll just take the 10 Mil, think of it as a friendly discount, since you both gave me that awesome gift. Though I must carefully think about this. but where did it all take place?" 

"... Russia. To be precise, Northwest part of a former Military base. Well, that's what our sources told us. Luckily that area comes under a Devil Family directly under the Gremory family, so you just need to tell me your disguise, and I'll get you entry," Sirzechs said as Steve sighed.

"Anything else I need to know?"

"Yes. Apparently, a scientist, A human researcher, upon having a breakdown escaped with something that could actually defeat these 'Curse Hybrids'. His last known location was also Russia, Budapest to be exact before he went completely off-grid. That happened about 23 years ago. This might just be the most important clue about this case. With that, shall we officially close this deal?" asked Ajuka with a smile as Steve nodded.

"Alright, we have a deal," he replied with a grin while shaking Sirzech's hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, a moving truck was outside Steve and Gil's mansion as Ravel's things were moved into the mansion. Aside from that, Rias and Sona's peerage were also in the house, since Steve had called them.

"Nice house you got there," Sona complimented as he chuckled.

"Thanks, Sona senpai. Please proceed to the Dining area, I'd prefer to talk after lunch," he said as Artoria and Gil's eyes shined.

"TOO BRIGHT!" He yelled while shielding his already-covered eyes.

"Heh," Issei chuckled at that, remembering how Steve could even cook at 7.

"Alright, let's go," he ushered everyone towards the room and entered the kitchen, bringing out piping hot food.

"Hmm... I-it looks decent, almost o-on par with Phenex household. But it's the taste that matters," said Ravel with a blush.

"True, so how about you all dig in?" Steve asked with a smirk as she hmphed.

"Ara, Ravel Chan is acting like a Tsundere," Akane said in an... Akane-like tone.

The starters consisted of Simmered Daikon in Dashi broth, Yakitori or Japanese Skewered Chicken, Grilled Shishamo Fish, and Agedashi Tofu. For the main course, There was Meat Stew, Chicken Curry, Steamed rice, Fried fish, and Grilled Mackerel. As for Dessert, there was Dorayaki, Warabi Mochi, and Japanese Cheesecake.

"I-I CAN'T MOOOVE AN INCH!" Issei gasped as Kiba deadpanned at him.

"No one asked you to eat so much Issei," Saji said as Issei stared at him.

"Says the one who nearly choked from the amount of food he was gulping down."

"Uh..."

"So, Ravel, how was it?" Steve asked with a smirk as she blushed and turned away.

"It was pretty okay..." She muttered with a slight pout as Steve smiled.

"Alright, now if we're done, I'd like to move on to the more pressing matters," he said seriously as a couple of maids appeared and took the dishes away.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask, since when did you have maids?" asked Issei as Steve sighed.

"Well, since Kuroka and Ravel will be living with me here, I don't think we'd be able to be self-dependent, so my parents butted in and sent them," Steve explained as Issei nodded.

"Anyways, so, I, and by that I mean Heroes-for-Hire, have been commissioned by two of the Four Great Satans to go on a commission, and it's a long-term one. Seeing that we still have a commission in Kuoh, Gil will be staying here, while Art, Kuroka, and Ravel, I'd prefer if you three came with me. Art and Kuroka because well, they'd be helpful, and as for Ravel, while you're strong, you're inexperienced so I'll use this chance to train you," Steve said as Koneko saddened, though it went unnoticed by most.

Only Steve, Artoria, Kuroka, Issei, Rias, and Kiba noticed this, and while they gave her a sympathetic look, Steve ignored that and continued talking.

"HEY! Just so you know, I was pretty well-trained in combat and studied a lot hmph!" Ravel said pouting and glaring, causing him to chuckle.

"I meant to train you for Merc business. I am hoping that you'd handle future requests and be like our manager. I mean you're pretty and smart, so you're of course gonna do well in negotiating," he said as Ravel blushed.

"As for Gil, he'll stay here as he should be enough to handle almost anything, so you guys can ask him for help," Steve said as Gil grumbled about troublesome people.

"Now, Rias Senpai, I've got a request, a really important request."

"H-huh? What is it, Steve Kun?"

"Well... could you perhaps allow me to take Koneko along if she doesn't mind?" he asked as convincingly as he could as the said girl looked at him surprised.

"Oh... hm... I mean, if she wants to. But I'll hold you accountable for whatever happens to my precious rook," said Rias with a smile as Steve nodded fervently.

"Yup, I'll protect her with my life!" he said as Koneko blushed and Kuroka cheered.

"MY SIS IS TAGGING ALONG NYA!"

=========================================

Alright everyone, so there it is, the latest chap. 

So as per the general response, my next fic will be an Arifureta, followed by a Genshin one. Though we don't know when that will be, and this book will probably be updated before that.

Also, thanks for over 17K reads, keep on Reading, voting, and commenting.

And also share your feedback on the chapter, be it good or bad.