Chapter 4

Steve was standing in front of a thick forest covered in snow with his group, waiting for something.

"Uh... are we going to move forward? How are we supposed to investigate it from here?" Ravel asked as Steve smirked.

"Well, we will move forward when we get an initial recce report and a rough map."

"Huh? How are we gonna get a map? Did those guys investigate it?" asked Koneko, referring to the earlier maids and soldiers they encountered at the mansion.

"Nah, we're waiting for the Galaxy's greatest Thief," Steve replied grinning, as they felt a presence behind them.

"Eh, I don't get paid enough for this shit you know," said the person, walking towards them, leaving almost no footprints even in the snow.

"Alright everyone, meet a fellow merc, the one with magic hands, Peter 'Star Lord' Quill. Quill, meet my girlfriends Artoria, Kuroka, and Koneko, and my peerage member Ravel," Steve introduced them as Peter raised his eyebrows, amused.

"Damn, you got yourself a Harem? And here I am, struggling to woo Gamy," he said with a deadpan causing Steve to chuckle.

"I mean, it just happened. Anyways, what's the report?" Steve asked, his tone switching to business.

"Ah, right, there's a lot to tell you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issei and Rias' peerage had just subdued a stray devil, with Gil watching them ready to provide backup, and were now standing outside the warehouse where they found it.

Kiba, who had messed up inside, making Issei engage in direct combat with the stray, was standing in deep thought, as Rias reprimanded him. After that, he started to walk away, when Issei stopped him.

"Kiba, what's wrong? You were really strange today," he asked, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"It has nothing to do with you," he replied coldly, feeling a strong pressure behind him all of a sudden.

"Nothing to do with me? With me? Kiba... what are we?" Issei asked, his voice even colder than Kiba's, who was taken aback by that.

"We're members of the President's peerage," he replied, pulling himself together, recovering from the initial shock.

"Exactly. We are comrades. From the moment I joined the peerage, your problems became mine as mine became yours. We are a team Kiba, and a team is built on trust."

"It's not trust Issei san, it's just, that I remembered my reason for living, what I am fighting for," he said bitterly, haunting memories from the past flashing in his mind.

"That's the thing, kid. You're a part of a peerage. Do you still don't get it?" said Gilgamesh, walking over to them.

"Huh? What don't I get?"

"Your fights are theirs, your happiness is theirs, your sadness is theirs, even your anger is theirs. A peerage, especially one like yours, is made with choices. You chose to join your President, like every other member. This isn't a 'family' you were born into, these are the people you placed your trust in. So stop trying to do everything alone and trust your people. Whatever that is plaguing your mind, whatever that's haunting you, there's no need to handle it alone. Anyway, don't do anything stupid, like we feel you are going to do, and apologize to Gremory later. She's worried for you," Gil said as Kiba bowed his head.

"... I was stupid today. I am sorry for being rude and incompetent. Tomorrow morning, can we talk? I won't hide anything," Kiba said, looking up and smiling.

"Good. Now go take a nap or something, you both look like shit."

"THAT'S CUZ YOU JUST SAT THERE WATCHING WHILE I FOUGHT WITH THE STRAY!"

"Well, you'd have done well if you didn't get distracted by the boobs," Gil said with a smirk, causing Issei to pout. He then walked towards the mansion as Issei grumbled about 'arrogant blondes'.

"Hey, why do I feel targeted?" asked Kiba with a pout as Issei stuck his tongue out to him. Then they both suddenly started laughing, startling Akeno and Asia.

"Ara... is Issei kun losing a few screws with Kiba?" said Akeno in an amused tone.

"HEY! Anyways, see you guys later," said Issei as he too started going towards his house, as none of them knew that there was another stray in the area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So let's go over it one more time. There is an isolated and unused warehouse here, which should technically be empty right now but has secretly been used by someone, and there is extremely heavy surveillance here, with camouflaged drones and cameras, along with a weaponized sentry. And it can detect even Cursed Energy?" Steve said as Peter nodded.

"Yes sir. Now as to how to sneak in, you'll need to disable the power system for this whole base, but to even do that, you'll need to reach the power grid, which is under heavy surveillance and is guarded in ways I don't even know. The outside security itself is pretty tight and there is no way to enter via underground, as each chamber sharing walls with the outside world is heavily guarded. Vents, Sewer system, everything. Also, we are not the only people after it. I have seen multiple humans and Supernatural beings here, trying to enter and get their hands on whatever is inside. It's an impossible task to sneak it, even for an expert thief like me. So... what's the plan?" Peter asked as Steve smirked.

"Since we can't sneak in, we just go with the classic. We need to distract the system and its defenses so most of the heavy artillery and whatever is guarding it focuses on us, while others enter via underground. Now of course they'll be detected, but all their focus will be on the attacking team, so they'd try not to thin out the defenses, especially if I am the one attacking them. After all... I'm the strongest," Steve said with a smirk as others deadpanned.

"Hey, come on, don't be like that. Anyways, so here's a Trojan. Pete, I want you to sneak in with Ravel and put this inside any of the ports, and run it. This is a state-of-art trojan that can hack into virtually any program. So I need you to hack into whatever systems you can, and gain control as soon as possible. Ravel, I want you to take care of information gathering and investigation until we are done. Kuroka, protect these two while they do the investigation. And before you both protest, it's not that you guys are weak, it's just that this mission is so important that you both can't afford to be distracted," Steve said as the said people nodded.

"Alright. Koneko and Art, you both will attack the base from the front with me. Do you guys understand?" Steve asked, and they both nodded.

"Then let's go"

===============================================

Hello everyone, hope you all liked the chapter. And I know I am pretty late, but well, piano2099 was not very well so we didn't have a story plan. 

Also, the Arifureta fic was uploaded a few moments ago and the link will be in the comments, so go check it out too.

Please vote, comment, and share.

Bye