Chapter 15

After a few moments when Kuroka had calmed down, Steve and others were looking around.

"Hey Ajuka nii, I'll leave further investigation unto you since you're probably the most knowledgeable devil, but I want to know how they got their hands on Cursed Energy and how they can artificially draw it out from people and implant it," Steve said as everyone except Kuroka were surprised.

"W-what?"

"Yes, most possess more than 12 different energy signatures, so I want to know how a Devil can work with it," Steve told them as they both nodded.

Then, Sirzechs walked to Kuroka.

"Kuroka Toujou san... I know this will not erase your suffering, however, I apologize for all the suffering and torment I've unknowingly caused you. I have failed you as the Satan who was supposed to investigate it," he said bowing as Kuroka teared up once more.

"I-I just want to thank you for saving Shirone... I know she would have been executed if not for you... s-so it's fine..." Kuroka said as Steve's heart melted.

"Steve, I apologize too, for being hostile in your office. Us Satans are indebted to you for helping us maintain peace between factions, since without you the tensions between factions would be extremely high," Ajuka said as Steve shrugged.

"Well, we exchanged money for services, there is no debt. Plus even as a merc, I'm still a pacifist if it makes any sense," he said as Ajuka chuckles.

"Yes, I know you're lazy. Seriously, you're way too influenced by Azazel," he said with a chuckle as Steve deadpanned.

"I don't go around peaking you know, I have two beautiful girlfriends so yeah that's a no-no," he stated as Kuroka looked at him.

"Two?"

"Right, two. My first girlfriend is Artoria, she lives with us. Well, Koneko likes us both and we also like her, so we decided to go with it," he told her as her eyes narrowed.

"Well, if you ever break her heart..."

"I'll rather die than do that. Making beautiful women frown is the last thing I wanna do."

"Even if they're evil strays or something?" asked Sirzechs with a raised eyebrow.

"Beautiful inside and out."

"Ah... anyways, so to announce her status as a free devil, I was thinking of doing it after the Duel," Sirzechs said as Steve put his hand on his chin in a thinking manner.

"Since most of the underworld will be watching it, it makes sense to do it then. Until then, she'll be with me," Steve replied.

"Alright, so if it's done, let's return. As for the payment, Steve it's the usual 1.2 Million USD right?" asked Sirzechs as Steve shrugged.

"Well, pay that to her after you announce her freedom," he said as Kuroka looked at him.

"I mean you're gonna need it, to live a nice life and all," he stated as she felt a pang in her heart.

'I... why does it hurt? I've been alone anyways...'

"Let's go, Kuroka," Steve said holding out his arm for her to grab.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artoria was inside the bathroom, when Steve appeared in front of her.

Surprised, she jumped out, before turning to him, only to see him blushing and a girl with Cat-like ears holding onto his arms.

"A-Artoria... I just teleported to y-you, I didn't know y-you were in the bath... c-can you cover it?" he asked, though his eyes wandered around.