Day one

My eyes, damp from tears. My arms heavy with the blood of my father soaking through my sleeves. My hair was soaked in water, I felt like I was going to get a cold. The faint breeze through the open door in the darkest night. I let out a weak breath, as I tried to move but it was useless, the only body part I could move was my pointer and middle finger. I moved my arm stiffly to my line of vision to see the red stains.

My mother believes in a spiritual world, she blessed us everyday with everlasting life with this blue flower but never saved any for herself, she got sick. With the demon blood seeping into my veins, I didn't want to live that way. The blood on my fingers is a mixture of mine, my dad's, and my dog.

"Mother." I wheezed.

My time has come. I feel my eyes roll back into my head in defeat, bliss has come.

~

Birds chirp in the light of day as heat can be felt a long my face. I put my hand out to block the sun, heaven is awfully bright. But I'm still on the floor...but I can move. I wiggle my toes with a chuckle as I sat up but my smile faded. The room was still covered in blood, and over in the corner was Father...dead. My eyes widen as I hear a slurping sound, in the shadows was another person...no, it feels bad.

It hacks spitting blood right in front of me, I gasped. He was still eating my father! He soon realized I was watching him and stands up, walking closer, avoiding the lines of light through the window.

"Please leave." I say.

He takes in a deep breath, sniffing the air. "You smell, different."

"Get out."

"The sun is out." He mumbled going back to eat my father. I backed up against the wall, feeling around for a weapon. On the window seal, I find the handle of scissors. I held them close to my chest. How do you kill a demon?

I stand up shaking as I walked over to it.

10 minutes later.

I opened the front door slowly walking onto the pathway, my legs throbbing viscously. I dropped the scissors and looked back into the house to see the body fading away like ashes blowing in the wind. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned back to the sun, it was warm and it hurt my skin a little. I have to bury my father and then...

"Hello?" Says a voice.

I looked up to see a long haired woman, with a fox mask and kimono. She was beautiful, dark hair, pale skin, but why did she carry a sword on her back?

I looked back at the house. "My father isn't-"

"I know." She says walking a little closer, the wind blowing her sweet scent to my nose. "Why do you lick the blood off your fingers?"

I find my two fingers in my mouth and retract them immediately.  "Am I...a...-"

"You would be dead if you were."

I felt an old taste in my mouth it didn't taste like regular metallic flavor, it was...sweet.

"I can help you." She says softly.

"With my father?"

I can feel her smile under mask. "Yes and I can teach you how to kill demons."

~

After a long day of cleaning up my Father and I's blood, the nice lady took me somewhere safe, I assume her home.  It was very isolated, cold too but being in the mountains makes you comfortable with it. Her name is Ms. Kiyo, which means pure.

"Take all the time you need." She says as she brings in the last bucket of heated water to the bath.

I nodded as she closed the door, I stood for a minute looking at the floral design on the wall and then to the large mirror in front of me. I stripped off my clothes and saw my wounds healed, but scars along my torso, and small ones on my arms and legs.  Then I noticed my face and hair, my eyes had changed color, from blue to a firey color, reddish orange/yellow. My hair...still white but at the bottom was a bright red streaks, I'm hoping it's just blood. I parted my dry mouth to see my teeth has changed as well to a dull point, was I about to change, and it just stopped? I don't understand.

My mouth closed and I made my way to the water, stepping into it's warm embrace. I scrubbed every inch of my body, my hair but can't scrub my memory clean. I step out and wrapped myself with a robe tightly, I sigh as my hair still had this red. I opened the door to Ms. Kiyo making food, I needed to eat something, it's been a whole day.

"What am I?" I question.

She sighed as lifted her mask to reveal the most beautiful face, but a scar trails down the left side from her forehead to her chin.

"You're a half blood."

"Half blood?"

"You have human blood but you also have demon blood."

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know, I've only seen it once. They eventually have into the demon side."

I hugged my sides. "I don't want that."

"I'm going to do my best to help you. To train you, to heal you." She pushed a bowl of ramen to me as I sat down. "Try to see if you can have this."

I nodded a broke off the chopsticks, and stuck some in my mouth. I stopped for a second.

"Oh no-"

"It's so delicious." I say as I continued to eat.

She laughs a little.

"Have you ever fought a demon?" I asked.

"All the time. I was once a Hashira."

"A Hashira?"

"Yes, the pillars of the Demon Corps. I was along side the greatest. But I felt like I could do things on my own, and came here."

"A Demon Slayer." I sipped on the broth. "Could a half demon fight another demon?"

"We'll see. You might have some advantages."

"Like powers or something?"

"Strength, agility, speed. It may come in handy. We start tomorrow."

This is going to be... interesting.