evolve

This morning was... interesting, I woke up with Inosuke putting me in a choke hold while he slept and now I'm sitting on the porch with him listening to Zenitsu try to woo Nezuko and Tanjiro in the process.

His stomach growls. "Man, I'm hungry."

I sighed as I leaned against the wood. "We should get some steak."

"Oh." He moans.

"Excuse me, sir, Ms." The old lady says walking by, leaning down beside him. "Those clothes of yours are quite soiled, I see. I'll clean them for you. So please wear these in the meanwhile. These are pleasant to the touch and quite comfortable."

He was speechless and quite smitten by kindness, I guess that's how you get to him.

"How does a tempura dinner sound? You know something covered with battered and fried.

He doesn't speak and I nearly smiled. "Sounds wonderful. Thank you."

The stomping and yelling continues as Inosuke decided to strip in front of me, I turned my head and a vein popped out of my forehead.

I stood up holding my ears walking towards the door but Inosuke beats me too it, he yells as he rams into Tanjiro's back.

"Inosuke!" I scolded.

"W-what was that for?" Tanjiro asked as he landed on the floor.

He shouted as he started to chase him, Zenitsu chased after him. I blinked as I looked beside me to see Nezuko looking up at me.

"Oh..." I say. "Is this what it's like to have sibling's?"

"Hmm hmm." She says as she sniffs, and leans toward me.

"Uh, you, uh-- Anyways." I clap my hands one time loudly and the boys stop in place. "We have check ups."

Now in place, kneeling in front of the doctor, it was completely silent for a few moments.

"You're fully healed." He says. "Akari, your leg should heal in a few days, it looked okay yesterday."

I put my head down, it's already healed. I closed my eyes, trying not to let my feelings show as the doctor left. Tanjiro's crow flies into the window and into his hands. Great another day another slay.

"North-northeast! North-northeast! Your next mission is North-northeast! The four of you are to go to Mt. Natagumo!"

I got dressed, putting my sword in my belt, I felt itchy.

"Akari, are you ready?" Asked Tanjiro with a ready smile. This hurts, I need to tell them but I don't know how.

I nodded as We walked out to the front gate, the old lady followed behind.

"We're heading out now." He tells her. "Thank you for everything."

We all bowed to her with much respect, aside from the boar.

"Now then for good luck." She pulls out the kiribi. We turned so she can do her magic.

"Huh?" Inosuke says as I turned to him, she hit it twice and he freaks out.

"What do you think you're doing, old hag?" He yells.

Tanjiro held him back, I face palmed. "Guys."

"She's striking sparks for good luck! It's a purification ceremony!" Zenitsu yells at him.

"Inosuke, stop." I held both sides of his mask, he stops moving.

"Wow." Tanjiro says. "He calmed down so fast."

I shrugged. "I just need to tame him."

"Always live your lives with great pride. I wish you luck in battle." She says as we take off in a jog.