corps rules

My eyes open back up to see I was on the ground, lifting my head, my body very much in pain as the man walks over to Tanjiro, stepping on the demons kimono.

"Don't waste any sympathy on a demon that devoured humans. It doesn't matter if it looks like a child. It's still a hideous monster that's lived for decades." He says.

"To avenge the people who were killed, to make sure there are no more victims, of course I bring my blade down on any demons neck without mercy! But for those for whom being a demon meant despair, those who regretted their own actions! I will never trample over them! Because demon's were once human, too! Just like me they were human, too! Please step off him!"

I stood up shaking, unable to move my leg anymore, so I used my sword as a crutch.

"They're not some hideous creatures after all! Demons are hopeless creatures! They're tragic creatures!

I pushed against the man, trying to move him off the kimono. I grunted with effort but I was too weak.

"Akari." Tanjiro says with a small smile.

"Please move, you're heavy." I looked up at him. I felt something coming at us and he pushed me back on my knees blocking another sword from coming in contact with Nezuko.

"Oh, my..." She says. "Why would you get in my way, Tomioka? After telling me that we could never be friends with Demons... How should I put this? That's exactly why...no one likes you, you know."

She pointed her sword, her soft voice, her wide purple eyes, she was dangerous.

"All right, Tomioka, please move out of the way."

"I'm not...I'm not disliked by people." He says and I furrowed my eyebrows with a frown.

"Well, I'm sorry. You haven't realized that people don't like you, then? That was uncalled for. Please forgive me."

What is this...

"Little boy."

"Yes!" He says surprised.

"What you're protecting is a demon. I don't want you to get hurt, so please move away."

"Y-you're mistaken!" He says holding Nezuko. "I mean, you're not mistaken, but... she's my kid sister. She's my kid sister, so...you see..."

She gasped softly. "Is that right? Poor thing. In that case, I shall use a gentle toxin to kill her, so she won't suffer, all right?"

"Can either of you move?" Tomioka asked. "Make yourself move even if you can't move. Take your sister, and run."

"Tomioka... sorry for the trouble!" Tanjiro says. "Thank you very much! Akari, let's go!"

I stood up with the help of Tomioka pulling on my haori. I run behind Tanjiro as he ran with Nezuko in his arms. I spotted the box that she rides in, the sun is going to come up soon. My leg may not be working but the adrenaline is working. I grabbed the strap with my one finger and thumb on my severed hand, tossing it to Tanjiro. I can tell he was still in pain.

"Keep going, don't stop!" I tell him.

"You don't either, we're in this together!" He says as something hits my head I fall to the ground and looked back up to see a young girl over Nezuko's body. Tanjiro grabs her kimono dragged her back and she falls on him.

"Nezuko, run!" I say as she looks to her brother and he nods.

"Hurry-" she kicks him, knocking his out. I picked up my sword and it clashes with hers. She has the softest look, not even close to hostile, similar to the other woman.

"Don't hurt her." I say pushing as hard as I could against her blade, but she was stronger at this time. She twisted around and I felt the handle of her sword hit the back of my neck. Damn.

~

What if I died, what if everyone died? Surely with two Hashira's there, they wouldn't let that happen. But what about Nezuko? Did that girl kill her? What will they do to Tanjiro if they know he was protecting her? Me too? Inosuke? Zenitsu?

What happened?

The sunlight is felt through my eyelids as I finally opened them, it burns slightly as I looked up at the white ceiling, it looks to be some kind of medical facility. I sat up without pain, I looked down at myself to see me in some greenish striped clothes, they loosely fit my small frame. I moved my ankle and it didn't hurt, I moved the covers to see a wrap around it. How long was I here?

I touched my head and there was a bandage wrapped around it, hm, I check my chest to see bandages. Taking them off I was already healed. I take everything off and sighed, I thought I was going to die. Surely, I thought. I turned my head to See Zenitsu, he was injured as well, I turned my head to the other bed beside me to see Inosuke, also injured. We really did face our demons that day, and we lived, I'm actually....happy.

I hear some yelling in the distance and I furr my eyebrows and I tried to listen...my eyes shot open, Tanjiro?