something new

A bright light emerges as the buildings implode, we're losing. I huffed as I tried to lift Uzui onto my back, I grunted through my gritted teeth. My hand hits the ground and I can see a red pattern emerging.

I can hear my masters voice through my head, telling me that this is the way and I have to what needs to be done. I finally threw him onto my back, running from the explosions, his feet dragging the whole way but eventually it caught up to me, I hit the ground.

When I opened my eyes back up, everything was on fire, oh my-

"Ashaya, you're awake." Tengen says helping me up. "Those are quite flashy."

"Hm?" I looked at my hand and lifted my a piece of glass to see my reflection to see more markings.

"We've got to finish this, neither of them were beheaded."

I let out a breath with a nod as I started running, I felt brand new, like a drink of cold water on a hot day. I couldn't even feel the wound on my stomach anymore, or my eye, even though I couldn't see out of it. One eye is just as good. I felt Tanjiro's heartbeat, I smelled his blood, I smelled Wisteria. I'm not dead yet and I'll be damned if I let a whore and her praying mantis brother kill me, no way in hell!

I found them.

Tengen runs past me and blocks Gyutaro's attack on Tanjiro. I sped up and sucker punch him, he didn't even have time to react as I round house kicked him, landing blows to every part of his body and face. With one last explosive kick he flies backwards, through the smoke with a loud explosive crash.

That was exhilarating, I feel so powerful Right now, I was landing like 100 hits on him, I felt his bones crack underneath my fist!

"Akari! Uzui!" Tanjiro says as he was happy to know we were still kicking it.

"I've finished my musical score technique!" He says getting in position and I followed. "We're going for the win! Ashaya, let's make it flashy!"

"Yes, sir." I nodded.

"Don't make me laugh!" He unleashed more than 3 dozen or so blood lashes, as I lifted both hands in front of me.

I pushed them away, throwing my hands forward, back to him, Uzui dashes behind me, he was making music.

"San! Shichi! Go! I! Kin! I can read it!"

"That filthy score of yours!" He throws more.

"Get him, Ashaya!" Tengen shouted.

I lifted my hands as the flames lifted, they turned blue at my command as I swing my hands forward, throwing fireballs at him.

"Blood Demon art: Flame of the scorned!"

He has a gritted expression as he avoids the fire flamming around him. I've never been this powerful all at once, it's like my power was partially there when I didn't have these markings but now I can control fire. Uzui takes a big swing forward but the demon dodges the Hashira, landing on the side of the building.

"Don't give me this crap!" He jumps off the building. I take Uzui's arm and twisted around kicking Gyutaro, and flipped over him taking his arm behind him ripping it off as the Hashira moves him causing another explosion, I covered my face from the impact. Rocks and rubble hit me as I see them clashing against each other. They are literally breaking through every building. The end is near, I feel it.

Time to move in, I sped quickly as did Tanjiro.

"Uzui!" He says as Tengen gets a sickle to the abdomen.

"Don't stop! Jump!"

"You're too late!" He sticks the other sickle through the bottom of Tanjiro's jaw. "Even if you have someone to pave the way for you, a loser is still a loser! It's all over now! The poison will kill you!"