bloody

I put my hand on his mask and he becomes giddy and smitten. "I'll fight you later, I promise."

He finally lets go as Tanjiro ran up to us.

"Did you slay another demon?" Inosuke asked him as he still had cuts on him.

"Are you alright, Inosuke?" He asked.

"I asked you whether you defeated that thing or not!"

"Uh, yeah, I did. But anyway, Inosuke, how are you feeling?"

"Don't go showering me with your sensitivity and kindness! You hear me? Got that? After all, anything you can do, I can do, too! Before you know it, my head will be harder than yours! And she will be weaker than me! Not to mention...not to mention...uh."

He's hurt but does want to admit it, I sighed and pulled out some binds as I handed one to Tanjiro he tries to tie it around Inosuke's bulky arm.

"Stand still, Inosuke, he's just trying to help." I say.

"I don't need that! I'm totally fine!"
~

A crack in the distance sounded like thunder, hopefully it rains, I like the rain.

"What was that sound?" Asked Tanjiro. "Did lighting just strike?"

"How should I know?" Inosuke walks by.

"But I'm not smelling any thunderclouds. "The acrid odor is stronger now, so I can't tell."

I sniffed. "Kinda smells like poison, but I could be wrong.

"Hm." He looks off into the distance before turning back. "Inosuke, Akari, I think I'm going to go this way."

"Go ahead and do whatever you want!"

"Are you descending, Inosuke?"

"Huh?"

"Are you going down the mountain?"

"Why would I? Just beat it!

Why do I get the feeling that that demon wasn't the last demon? Seems like a whole family of them? My hearing shifted as I looked across the river to a young girl demon. I knew it.

"I'm gonna tear you to shreds you damn demon!" He shouted as she ran back to the woods. "Come back here, dammit!"

"Inosuke!" I called after him as he runs on rocks across the river.

"Father!" She called.

"Who are you calling father??" He says as a huge shadow casted over him, slamming into the water.

My eyes widen as he had the face of a spider. "He's bigger than the last!"

"Don't come near my family!" He says punching Inosuke backwards. "Stay away!"

I wrapped my arms around his chest before he hits the ground, Tanjiro taking his chance at attack I gasped when the blade barely made it through his forearm. Inosuke gets up as the demon lifted his fist, he puts his blade to his other forearm.

"Akari, now!" Tanjiro says as hopped on a rock and jump up, pointing my blade down. Stabbing it into his neck but just the tip. I grunted as I hit the handle, pushing it a little deeper. He roars as He pushed the guys back and grabs my body throwing me. I flipped over hitting the water, splashing everywhere.

"Don't come near my family! Stay away!" He charges Tanjiro but missed.

"Hey, over here!" I shouted as he turned to me. "Come on!"

"No, over here!" Inosuke says as he turned his attention to him. "Curse you!"

He takes a swing and get a fist to his gut, sending him flying. He runs at Inosuke again as he ran the other direction, I ran after him, sliding into the water, slicing his calf. He yells out as I kicked water in his face, and sliced his chest. Dammit! I hear the creaking of a tree as I looked up. I flipped backwards as it slammed down on the demon.