3. flashy

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

My tears just keep falling, they're soaking his uniform, I sullied them. I can still help him, I can. I put my hands to the gaping hole in his chest, it started to turn white but stopped. I grunted forcing it back.

"Come on!" I sniffed, I grabbed his hand in mine and put it to my cheek, but his eyes didn't open. "I'm right here."

"Rengoku." Tanjiro sobs.

"Stop crying! Amane! And you! Snap out of it for crying out loud! We're gonna train now!" Inosuke wailed.

I could hear the running of a few feet, they're here already. "Miss Ashaya!"

I didn't want to move, they pulled me by the arms but I kept a tight grip on his haori. They pried my fingers away from his body, I cried till my body became heavy. When I eventually woke, I was in the infirmary eyes moist with tears from dreaming of that day over and over. I rolled over to see Tanjiro smiling down at me, even Nezuko was there.

"Akari, we're going to see the Kyojuro family. I think his little brother Senjuro would like to meet you." He says.

I couldn't do that to Senjuro, not after that. It's better if I never met him. I turn back to face the wall.

"I'll see you later then." He says with sadness and gives me a hug and then Nezuko.

~

"He says that he got chased by Haganezuka until close to day break." Zenitsu says about Tanjiro.

"So that's why you're not eating?" Inosuke asked him. "Gimme!"

"If Aoi hadn't calmed him down for me, he would've kept chasing me until noon." He sighed.

Aoi rolled in with her food cart. "Would anyone like seconds?"

"Would you like some?" The butterfly sisters chirp.

"Gimme!" Inosuke shouted as I turned my head to the side.

"Aoi, thank you for yesterday." You, too, Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho."

"Don't mention it. It was nothing." She says.

"What's Haganezuka up to now?" Asked Zenitsu.

"Haganezuka? Oh, he's sitting on the veranda, eating rice dumplings."

"And it seems like he's finally back in a good mood." Sumi smiled.

"Thank goodness." Tanjiro groans

"Rice dumplings are Haganezuka's favorite food!" Kiyo chimes. "Next time he starts fuming, you should go buy him some."

"I want to have some, too!" Inosuke shouted.

"Fine, I'll go get you some later, all right? Akari?"

I turned my head to her.

"You've only taken a few small bites of your food." She says trying not to sound concerned.

I looked down at my rice and my eyes started to rim with tears. "Can- can I have ramen instead with Dango?"

"Y-yes, of course." She says surprised, this was the first thing I said since that day.

~

It's been four months already. We've all been training really hard, I almost figured out how to used my blood demon art. It's called Omnikinisis, I can pick up things and stuff. Lady Kocho has been monitoring me everyday, even sparring with me. So far I've been on 55 solo missions, more than my friends, When we started going on solo missions I was worried about Zenitsu. He cries to much. My last few missions, I've had a cold, from all the rain. Like I'm half demon, I shouldn't be able to get sick like that.

"Snow breathing, second form: hailstorm." My blade stabs into his genitals and up through his head, them through his neck. His pieces fall to the ground.

"You're free." I say walking away, back home to the butterfly mansion, when I heard some commotion. I keep my steady pace as I find the entrance, a Hashira I think is on top of the entry way, holding Aoi on his shoulder. I turned my head as she noticed me and I put my finger to my lips and she nodded.

"We'll go in the place of Aoi!" Tanjiro says.

"What do you mean by we?" He says as he looks down on both sides of the fence to see Zenitsu and Inosuke.

"We." I whispered into his ear as he swings his fist back, I grabbed it, flopping forward, placing a hand on the ground and stood back up with my friends beside me.

"What's going on, you four? What do you have to say?" He says still holding onto Aoi.

"I just got back this second, but I have power to spare!" Inosuke shouted at him. "I'll be glad to go!"

"Y-y-you let Aoi go, you hear me?" Zenitsu shivered. "You may be a muscular monster, but I'm not b-b-backing down! No, sir!"

"Look, I can kick your ass three ways to Sunday if you don't put her down." I say as he looks down at us.

"Is that right? Then I guess I'll take you with me. But remember this... don't you dare defy me!" He smacks Aoi's behind and I narrowed my eyes

"DoNt yoU dARe DefY mE." I mocked to myself as we stood behind him on the path.

"He's gigantic." Croaks Zenitsu.

"So? Where are we going, old man?" Asked Inosuke.

He turns back around from whatever he was looking at. "The number one spot in Japan that's dripping with lust and desire. A super flashy place. The entertainment district where Demons reside."

What in the-