who are you

I find myself outside of Makio's room, her scent still lingers along with another's, someone else was here.

"Amane." Inosuke says running up to me.

"Inosuke." I say as he opens the doors to a cold empty room, trashed..."There's wind...but the windows are closed."

"The attic!" He says grabbing the bowl of ramen from my tray and throws it to the ceiling. "I'm onto you!"

"Inosuke-" I say as the ceiling shakes and thumps, I dropped my things and ran after the scent as it traveled down the hall. The demon is here, why is it here? Is it into Makio?

"Amane, go up!" Inosuke says as I nodded swinging on the red railing outside and onto the roof and can still smell it, I turned the corner and slid down the the tiles and flipped back into the house. Down the stairs the scent seemed to vanish as I bumped into Inosuke.

"Did you see it?" I asked breathlessly.

"No. Dammit! It's hard to get a feel for it!" He says trying to take off his Kimono. "I lost sight of it! Dammit! It's all because those people got in my way!"

"It's okay. We'll find it. It can only travel so far." I say putting my hands on his chest, cooling him down with my powers. His heart feels like a hummingbird, sweating profusely, he's not used to wearing so much. I walked with him back to his room to cool him down, apparently he put a hole in the wall. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves.

"Did you get anything on Makio?" He asked.

"Just her scent, she might still be alive--" he says bending a peculiar way, I tilted my head. Maybe this is how he thinks, I followed his lead.

The door slides open. "Hey, Inoko! What on earth are you two doing?"

I put my legs down and sit back up. "My apologies, my sister can be quite rambunctious, Madam. Inoko, apologize."

He sits back up and bowed without saying a word.

"Tsuki, clients are coming get ready."

~
"I...told...you. There's a demon at our house, all right?" Inosuke raised his voice at Tanjiro as I was trying to meditate.

"Well..."

"I'm telling you, it was a thing like this! You know, like this!"

"Yeah, sure, uh...hold up a second, okay?"

"Like this? Do you get this, then?"

"Uzui and Zenitsu should be coming back soon to check in, so--"

A vein pops in my forehead.

"It was like this, okay? It was clear to me!"

"Guys, shut up till they get here." I say closing my eyes.

"Zenitsu won't be coming." Tengen says as I turned to see him on the edge of the roof, man I didn't even detect him.

"What do you mean Zenitsu's not coming?" I question.

"I feel bad about putting you through this. I wanted to rescue my wives so badly, I made some bad decisions. As it stands, Zenitsu is missing. There's been no contact since last night. You three should leave now. You're ranked too low for this. If the demon here turns out to be an upper rank, you couldn't handle it. If you vanish from here, they'll assume that you're dead. I'll be continuing this mission on my own.

"No, Uzui, we--" Tanjiro starts.

"Don't be ashamed! Whoever survives, wins. Don't overlook your chance."

"Uzui...if I find Zenitsu and he's dead, I'll have to kill you." I say looking at the sky.

"That's fair." He says vanishing again.