final

"Are you hurt?" The boy asked.

I stood up and looked at my leg, it was almost healed. I nodded as I turned back to the forest. "Good luck."

"Wait, I didn't get your name."

I waved at him and headed back to find another demon to kill. He got the last one, I need at least one for kill to be satisfied. I smelled one, I just couldn't locate it. Till I heard a branch snap. Damn. I slam face first into the ground, god it hurt. It stands on my back as it grips my hair, sniffing me.

"Mmm, you smell different."

I groaned. "I'm tired of you guys saying that."

I moved my legs up to a split position, as I push him up and took my blade to his eye. He yells out as I stick the blade in his throat and moved it side to side till it fell off.
~
The sun has risen and only 5 of us made it, that's how grueling seven days was. The scar guy is here, one petrified one, a girl without a scratch on her and scary looking one.

"Welcome back." The two girls walk over. Congratulations. We're pleased to see you're safe."

"So, what am I supposed to do now?" Asked the scary looking one. "Where's my sword?"

"First we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements after which your rank will be engraved. There are ten ranks in all...Kinoe, Kinoto, Hinoe, Hinoto, Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto, Kanoe, Kanoto, Mizunoe and Mizunoto. Currently you are lowest rank, Mizunoto."

"And our swords?" He repeated.

"Today, we will let you choose the ore for your swords. However the swords will take 10 to 15 days to complete."

He groaned. "Are you kidding me?"

"But first..." She claps her hands a crows fly in from above. I lifted my hand and one lands on me. "We will now assign each of you your own Kasugai crow. These Kasugai crows and be used primarily for communication."

"Didn't you say a crow? Isn't this a sparrow, though?" Asked the scared boy, with his brittle yellow hair.

"Don't give me this crap!" The scary one throws the bird off of him and I'm appalled as he walks over to the girls. "Who the hell cares about some stupid crow?"

He grabs her by the top of her hair and I covered my mouth, what is this guys problem?

"I want a sword, you hear? Gimme one right now! The demon slayers sword! The color changing sword!"

I was about to walk up when the boy with the scar grabs his arm.

"Take you hand off of her." He commands. "Or else, I'll break your arm."

"Who the hell are you?"

"Why are you so angry? Did you not hear her explain?" I question.

"Shut up!"

I scoffed as the boy squeezed his arm tightly and then let's go. He falter backwards, holding his arm. Oh, I hope it broke it.

"Are you finished chatting?" Asked the other girl as she took the cover off the table to reveal the ores. "Now then, please select an ore. The steel for the swords that will annihilate Demons and protect you will be your own choosing. I stood in front of the table among the others and lifted my hand, closing my eyes. My hand shifted like a magnet, landing on one, I smiled. It's the one.

~

The very, very long road home, it's much more grueling after fighting demons for seven days. But fortunately, I got my sword today, it took nearly 18 days. Some weird guy dropped it off, never said a word, watched my sword change color, sighed, patted my head and left. When I opened my sword, the color changed to white, nearly transparent, Ms. Kiyo never seen anything like it, the white makes sense. I mean, but transparent? Weird.

I hear my crow in the distance, I make my way out the door and put my hand out.

"Ashaya Akari, here are your orders. Make your way to southeast village, 3 children have vanishing in the past 2 days. Hunt down the demon and kill it."

I made my way to the village, midday, it was quite small, I don't understand. If there's not a lot of people, you are bound to get caught. I walked up to a shop and looked around to see just sad people. They are practically all family here. I sat next to a woman who was looking up at nothing and placed my hand on hers. She blinked and looked down at my hand.

"C-can I help you?"

"Yes. I heard that children have been disappearing...I can help."

"How can you help?" She asked shaking.

"Show me where the children are being taken."

She takes me to an area by the woods where children like to play. I take in the smell, he must be new.

"When was the last child taken?" I asked.

"Yesterday. Two were taken the first day. Same with yesterday."

"So he's coming tonight." I looked up as the sun started to set. "I need all the children to come play."

"What? B-but the-"

"I'm here now. I will protect them. I promise." I tell her. "You won't have to worry after tonight."

She nodded and ran to the village. I eyed the woods as I can hear children running over, I feel sorry for whichever one gets taken tonight. It's now dark outside, the children played happily not expecting a thing.

"Ahh!" I hear a scream. I draw my sword and pointed it at the demon hold, what I assume is a 4 year old.

"Let her go." I command.

His long tongue slides out of his mouth like a snake and hissed. He jumps into a tree and takes off, I ran after him. Fixed my breathing as I am right under him. The child screams as I jumped up, against a tree and to the other slicing the demon in half. I grabbed the child and fell to the ground, staying close to the ground, his legs grew back.

"Stay behind me." I say as the child whimpers.

"Tasty." He grumbled.

"Ew." I run up and kick the dirt into his eyes, he scratched my chest and uniform. I heel kick his leg, he grabs it and punches me in the stomach, I groaned as I felt blood on my lip. I held my breath, trying to fix my breathing. When I felt an enclosed hand around my throat.

"Finally caught one." It laughs. Another one? How did I miss it?

I grunted as he forced spikes out of his skin and into my neck. My feet dangle as I dropped my sword, I can't breathe. My eyes were trying to close.

"Let her go, let her go!!" The child says.

My eyes darted open when his grip loosened, I opened my hand and my sword gravitated to it. Into his neck, his head falls to the ground, I shouted as I cut the other ones head off. I held onto my neck as it continues to bleed, come on heal already. I spit some blood on the ground.

"Ms. Are you okay?" The little girl tries to lift me."

"No." I say as my neck finally stopped bleeding. She helps me up and holds my hand, guiding me back to the people all waiting, their worried faces turn into bright cheery smiles.