The Swordsmith Village

When I approach him, I noticed that he had a bottle of alcohol in his hand. Nearly empty, along with four other empty bottles all over the floor.

"Father?" I asked in a whisper

"Stop calling me that." He says taking another swallow.

"B-but..." I kept trying to think of a way to make him stop. "Mother wouldn't like you being this way."

He completely freezes and his whole demeanor changes as he stands up and throws the bottle at me, I dodge it by dropping to the floor.

"Father, what are you-"

"I'm not your goddamn father!" He stomps over to me and grabs a handful of my hair, making me look at him as my eyes filled with tears.

"What do you mean?" I cried.

"I've had enough of you for the last fourteen years!" He hissed as he drags me by my hair across the room.

"Father! Father, please! I'll behave!" My head swings up to face the bucket of water.

"I should have done this years ago!" He yells as he shoved my head underwater.

When I lifted my head I screamed, breathing heavily as I noticed it was light outside, hyperventilating as tears streamed down my face. I felt my hair and it was dry other than some sweat, so that's what happened that night...my father, or not my father.

Why am I remembering now? Why did he want to kill me so bad? How could he?

"Akari!?"

I lifted my head to see Aoi standing at the door with a stunned look on her face.

"Aoi?" I wiped my tears. "What's the matter?"

She runs over to the bedside, lifting me into a hug. "Oh thank goodness! It's only been two days but you're awake!"

"Two days? Two days since what?" I asked confused.

"Since the entertainment district. Don't you remember?"

A bunch of memories flash through my head, that fight...we defeated the upper moons together.

"Where is Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke?" I asked worried.

She takes a deep breath. "They've been in a coma, as have you but you woke up in two days, I guess cause you heal quickly."

"So they're okay. Thank goodness." I sighed with relief. I looked down at myself and see my leg in a cast, it doesn't feel healed yet.

"Yeah, that, it was horrible. We had to push the bone back in and..."

"Ew, okay." I grimace from thinking about it.

She chuckled as I lifted my shirt to see a bandage around my abdomen.

"We can take those off." She sits me up and unwraps it, it was a small barely noticeable scar. I thought it would we bigger considering that demon tried to gut me.

"Thank you, Aoi." I smiled but she just looked sad. "What's wrong?"

"You guys for hurt because you took my place." She began to tear up.

"Aoi, I would go in your place any day."

She cried even more as she hugged me again.

"Also, is Tengen and his wives okay?"

She moves back and looks at me. "They're okay. They went home to heal."

"I would like to go outside." I tell her and she nods promptly as she grabbed crutches and helped me out of bed.