Why

TW: SH,Blood
They all made their way into the living room Wanda headed into the kitchen grabbing a glass of water for Yelena on the way. She joined the 5 in the living room handing Yelena her water and sitting in a small  chair facing Yelena and Kate who sat together on a smaller couch. Yelena looked at the others slight pangs of anger and worry in her chest. Kate was overwhelmingly panicked unconsciously tapping her foot and scratching her hand.
"Ok" Wanda began cutting the tension and everyone but Kate looked up at her. "We need to address what happened after Yelena left" Yelena looked at Wanda confused had she done something to upset Kate.
"First Kate asked us all to come see Natasha before he surgery tommorow" Wanda continued.
"I immediately agreed me and Clint would" added Laura.
"I admitted I'm sorry I haven't already and.."Peter let his words trail
"And I said I wasn't so sure.."Wanda began
"But your her girlfriend" Interjected Yelena
"That is what Kate said and we got in a argument during wich she revealed." Wanda stopped her self unsure if she was even supposed to say it or if she should have just not mentioned it at all.
"In wich Wanda said Kate didn't know how she felt and" Continued Clint his dad like protection kicking in "and Kate said she does cause she has the scars to prove it". Yelena looked at Clint tears in her eyes as he finished his sentence. Kate looked down she felt the others turn to her expectantly.
"What" she said anger hidden in her voice
"Show me" Yelena said wiping her tears and turning to Kate
"No" Kate said her anger coming out as she kept her arms tight to her chest.
"Why would you do that Kate Bishop?"
Pleaded Yelena
Kate looked down not daring meet her or anyone else's eyes.
"Beacuse I deserve it" Kate said looking at Yelena.
Yelena broke at that and she ran and left the room locking herself in the bathroom. Laura ran after her while the others turned to Kate.
"Did you really have to tell her" Kate said sighing
"Kate you dont deserve to be hurt" Clint said avoiding her question.
"Then why do so many people hurt me" she said shocking the others "If everyones going to hurt to me then why can't I?"
"Kate we can help and protect but this has to stop" Wanda said concern shown clearly on her face.
"I dont think I'm worth saving" Kate said sighing
"Let us try" came Yelena's voice as she walked back into the room
"But why?" She paused "Why waste your time?"
"Beacuse it's not a waste" Peter said before anyone had a chance
"Can we see, only of your comfortable" asked Laura wanting to see how recent they were.
Kate took a deep breath before taking off her jacket
"Does anyone have a wipe" she asked to the others confusion
"Here" Laura said handing her a wipe
She revealed her arm to the others shock it was markless.
"Its makeup" Kate said wiping her arm revealing almost more than 18 recent looking cuts on her arm and countless scars.
"Kate.." Clint said shocked. While Yelena couldn't even form any words.
"What did you use" asked Wanda shocked as she had thought Kate happy were all those smiles fake? Was she acting?
Kate got up and went to the spare bedroom. Yelena followed wondering where Kate had hidden whatever she used.
Kate opened her bedside draw and pulled out a notebook which had looked normal until kate pulled on a bookmark and a hidden box pulled from the book and revealed a knife and some bloody tissues
"Kate" Yelena said silently asking how long
"6 years" she said picking up the blade and feeling the familiarity in her fingers and the temptation grew as she walked towards the door Yelena pulled her into her pulling her arm down and walking her into the living room.
"This is my." Kate began stopping at the word "This was my mums blade"
When she managed the last word the tension was thick enough to cut with a knife and Yelenas arm tightened and Kate leaned her head against her chest fiddling with the blade fighting the feeling that she needed to hurt herself pressing the end of the blade to her wrist.
"Kate stop" Clint said gently.
Kate didn't hear him and pressed harder drawing blood.
"KATE?" Clint yelled and Yelena grabbed the blade but in the shock Kate had pulled the knife further down her arm.
"I'm getting the first aid kit" Wanda said getting up quickly.
"Why Kate?" Laura asked grabbing tissues and putting them on Kate's arm as it bled out.
"I dont know I'm sorry I'm so so sorry" Kate said crying and falling back into Yelena.
"Its ok" Yelena said handing the knife to Clint who placed it on the table before holding Kate in her arms while Laura held tissues to Kate's arm.
"I've got it" Wanda said as her and Peter ran in and she knelt down beside the arm of the couch that Kate's arm was held to. She wiped away the blood but more kept coming.
"Your going to need stitches" Wanda said looking up at Kate with worry
" ok" Kate said tears slowing down she gave a deep breath
"Peter give me a needle and thread" Wanda said holding down on Kate's arm. "Laura do you have any cloths to clean the blood?" She asked concerned as Kate looked pale and near faint. Laura went to kitchen and came back with a little black cloth for Wanda.
"Ok ready Kate this might hurt quite a bit" Kate just nodded and looked increasingly pale. She stepped the need through Kate's arm working expertly and tying of the end and cleaning away the blood but Kate was unconscious before she even finished the stitches she had gone limp in Yelenas arms.
"Kate?!" Yelena asked not wanting to shake her and hurt her arm
"Yelena dont worry she just needs rest" Clint said still slightly shocked of how happy kate had seemed. Of how normal she seemed.
"Well continue this conversation after we visit Natasha" Laura said decidley watching as Kate fell into Yelena and Yelena wrapped her arm around Kate's waste holding her to her chest.
"How are we gonna get Kate to bed?" Asked Peter confused
"I can carry her if you want Yelena" Clint offered watching how Yelena looked down at Kate the red room assassin everyone feared could have no more love in her eyes than she did then. Yelena smiled looking at Kate and nodded to Clint. He nodded and put his hands under kate. Lifting her from yelena but careful not hurt her arm she carried her to the spare room as he had carried his own kids many times he looked at kate as he tucked her in and couldn't help but feel fatherly love for her.
"I cant imagine what she must've been thinking" Wanda began as Clint entered the room.
"I can" Yelena said through gritted teeth she picked up the knife of the table "she believes herself worthless she believes everything her mother said"
"But that's clearly not true Kate's worth loads" Peter said confused by how amazing Kate was.
"Come on we said we'd table this for tommorow" Laura reminded. "Were up early tomorrow"
"Goodnight then" Peter said half asleep and still in shock walking to his room.
"Night" Wanda said walking to hers.
"Yelena you too come on" Laura said motherly instinct kicking in
"Ok night?" She said with a sigh joining kate in the spare room.