The Phantom Menace

Earlier....

Padme, Captain Panaka, Y/N, and six other officers are brought by many battle droids before Nute and Rune along with four Neimodian council members.

Nute: Your little insurrection is at an end, Your Highness. Time for you to sign the treaty...and end this pointless debate in the Senate.

Sadbe dressed like the Queen appears in the doorway with a few troops. Several destroyed battle droids can be seen in the distance.

Sadbe: I will not be signing any treaty, Viceroy, because you've lost!

Nute and the others are stunned to see a second Queen. Nute yells at the ten guards in the room.

Nute: After her! This one is a decoy!

Six of the droids rush out of the throne room after Sabe. Nute turns to Padme.

Y/N: Okay, now I'm lost.

Nute: Your Queen will not get away with this.

Padme slumps down on her throne and immediately hits a security button that opens a panel in her desk opposite Y/N.

Padme grabs two pistols, tosses one of them to Captain Panaka and one to Y/N. He takes the pistol and blasts the last of the battle droids.

The officers rush to the door control panel as Padme hits the switch to close the door. The officer at the door jams the controls. Captain Panaka throws more pistols to the pager guards. The Neimodians are confused and afraid.

Padme: Now, Viceroy, this is the end of your occupation here.

Nute: Don't be absurd. There are too few of you. It won't be long before hundreds of destroyer droids break in to rescue us.

Y/N has a sudden realization. His eyes go wide.

Y/N: Qui-Gon... I need to help Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I need to go.

Padme nods at him and Y/N turns and races towards where he last saw the two Jedi dueling with Maul.

———————————————————————

He makes his way down to the energy core and follows the trail of lightsaber caused debris. He drops down to the level with the gates and runs up to the first one just as it opens up and he races forward until the shields stopped him.

Just in time to see Qui-Gon impaled.

Y/N/Obi-Wan: NOOOOOO

The two scream as the pulsing electron gate opens yet again, and the Sith Lord attacks Obi-Wan. The Dark Lord is relentless in his assault on the young Jedi.

Y/N races to reach him before the gate closes but comes up a couple short as Kenobi and Maul duel aggressively.

The two force users use the Force to fling objects at each other as they fight. Maul tries the same move he did on Qui-Gon but Obi-Wan slices his saber in half. The fight continues with the two Jedi spinning and slicing and flipping around one another. Darth Maul seems to have the upper hand as Obi-Wan grows weary.

Maul catches Obi-Wan off guard, pushing him back with the force and the Jedi slips into a melting pit. He barely holds onto a nozzle on the side of the pit. Darth Maul grins evilly at Kenobi as he kicks Obi-Wan's lightsaber down the endless shaft.

He taunts Obi-Wan by striking his half saber down and creating falling sparks to attempt to cause Kenobi to lose his grip and fall. Seemingly forgetting about the other presence in the area.

The gates open and immediately, Y/N runs in, aiming to force Maul right off of the ledge. The sith notices the footsteps at the last second and turns to swing a potentially bisecting attack at the approaching form. Y/N widens his eyes and drops to the floor, sliding to avoid it and crawls back, trying to regain his footing.