Former Occupations

BB-8 chirps softly, whirring and rolling around the floor of Ochi's ship. As he surveys, his eye locks onto something. He chirps softly and rolls over to the small droid.

He extends one of his arms and jabs it into the small, wheeled droid. It flickers to life and powers up, rising all the way and buzzing and stuttering.

D-O: B-Battery charged.

The droid rolls around in confusion and then spots BB-8.

D-O: Hel- Hello.

BB-8 chirps cheerfully as he and his new friend roll into the main section of the ship.

D-O: Hel- Hello.

Rey: Hello.

With a weak smile, Rey reaches a hand out. The green and white droid backs away quickly.

D-O: No- No, thank you.

BB-8 chirps a few words to Rey.

Rey: Looks like someone treated him badly. It's all right. You're with us now.

BB-8 whirrs softly, turning towards D-O.

--------------------------------------------

Ochi's ship blasts down into the atmosphere of Kijimi and towards a nearby city, aglow with light.

--------------------------------------------

A battalion of troops march through the alleys.

Announcer: (on P.A.) U-A-T-T walker patrol, head down Thoroughfare 60.

A hooded figure, Poe, sticks his head out and watches the troopers pass. Alarms wail in the city. Poe nervously marches under spotlights, through tunnels and past troopers. The troopers bang on doors, yell at their inhabitants and throw them around.

Poe walks halfway up a set of stairs, but stops at the sight of growing shadows. More troopers. He turns and walks down to hide by the turn in an alley.

Stormtrooper: Open up. You're wanted for questioning.

Snow falls past Poe's shrouded face, as the troopers attempt to break down the door.

Stormtrooper 2: Check this side of the street.

A spotlight flits past Poe to an opening door. An alien speaks his language and gasps, retreating back into his home and shutting the door.

Stormtrooper 3: Door is locked. Move on to the next one.

Poe looks to the other side of his hiding place, spotting somehow even more troopers milling about.

Stormtrooper 4: Give me regular reports, please.

Poe moves, walking past a trooper and a citizen in an altercation.

Stormtrooper 5: You, up against the wall. Show me your identification. Where's your identification?

He keeps moving, out to where Y/N, Rey, Finn, and the droids are hiding away.

Poe: They're everywhere.

Y/N: That's wonderful news.

A woman shouts, pleading with troopers for another, younger woman in their clutches.

Woman: Please!! Leave her alone! She didn't do anything.

Mournfully, Poe looks away and back to the group.

Poe: Alright, I know what we should do.

C-3PO: So do I. We should leave.

Y/N: I cannot wait until we get to wipe your memory.