Queen's Vacation

Obi-Wan heads for the bar. Y/N blinks in surprise, then follows into the room, where alien faces look back at him with hostility, suspicion, and invitation as he moves among the tables. Obi-Wan and Y/N arrive at the bar. Obi-Wan signals the barman.

Somewhere in the room a hand moves to a pistol in its holster and unsnaps the safety catch. At the bar, a glass is placed in front of Obi-Wan. A drink is poured. He lifts the glass. One is about to be poured in front of Y/N but he waves it off.

Y/N: No thanks, I don't like to drink.

Elan Sleazebaggano: You wanna buy some death-sticks?

Obi-Wan looks at him. He moves his fingers slightly.

Obi-Wan: You don't want to sell me death-sticks.

Elan: I don't want to sell you death-sticks.

Obi-Wan moves his fingers.

Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.

Elan: I want to go home and rethink my life.

He leaves. Obi-Wan lifts the drink and tosses it back.

Y/N watches Obi-Wan in awe.

Y/N: Okay you have got to teach me how to do that.

Obi-Wan: One day, my young friend.

Y/n: Alright, I'm not that much younger than you. You know that right?

Y/N bites into something he picked out of a bowl on the bar table.

A gun is drawn from its holster and held down out of sight. The bounty hunter starts to move sneakily toward the bar.

Obi-Wan: You are in your mind.

Y/N: I think you're just old in the mind, Kenobi.

The gun moves toward Y/N's unsuspecting back. The gun is raised to aim directly at his back, and suddenly he turns fast. A shot fires but it goes nowhere.

A lightsaber flashes. There's a shrill scream, and Zam's arm hits the floor. Zam's hand drops from the gun, Y/N's hand still grasped around it's barrel. Blood spreads. He releases the blaster and clenches his hand.

The room is silent. Anakin is suddenly at
Y/N's side, his lightsaber glowing along with Obi-Wan's

Anakin: Easy... Jedi business. Go back to your drinks.

Slowly, the aliens sit. Conversation resumes. Onstage, the performers carry on with their routine. Y/N and Anakin lift Zam and carry her out.

—--------------------------------------------------------

The two brothers carry Zam into the alley and lower her to the ground. Obi-Wan attends to her wounded shoulder. She stares up hatefully at Anakin and Y/N. She winces in pain, then nods.

Obi-Wan: Do you know who it was you were trying to kill?

Zam Wesell: The Senator from Naboo.

Y/N: Who hired you?

Zam glares at Y/N.

Zam Wesell: It was just a job.

Anakin: Who hired you? Tell us!

Zam Wesell: That Senator's gonna die soon anyway, and the next one won't make the same mistake I did...

Obi-Wan: This wound's going to need treatment.

Y/N: You need to tell us who it was. You might be able to get a better deal in the courts if you turn in your employer.

Zam glares hatefully.