Caves (?)

Creature: Not far. Yoda not far. Patience. Soon you will be with him. (tasting food from the pot) Rootleaf, I cook. Why wish you become Jedi? Hm?

Luke: Mostly because of my father, I guess. And my friend Y/N too.

Creature: Ah, your father. Powerful Jedi was he, powerful Jedi, mmm.

Luke: (a little angry) Oh, come on. How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am. (fed up) Oh, I don't know what I'm doing here. We're wasting our time.

The creature turns away from Luke and speaks to a third party.

Creature: (irritated) I cannot teach him. Not ready he is. Too impatient. Like his father.

Luke's head spins in the direction the creature faces. But there is no one there. The boy is bewildered, but it gradually dawns on him that the little creature is Yoda, the Jedi Master, and that he is speaking with Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan: He will learn patience.

Yoda: Hmmm. Much anger in him.

Obi-Wan: Was I any different when you taught me?

Yoda: Hah. He is not ready.

Luke: Yoda! I am ready. I... Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready.

Trying to see Ben, Luke starts to get up but hits his head on the low ceiling.

Yoda: Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. (to the invisible Ben, indicating Luke) This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. (turning to Luke) You are reckless!

Luke looks down. He knows it is true.

Obi-Wan: So was I, if you'll remember.

Yoda: He is too old. Yes, too old to begin the training.

Obi-Wan: So was Y/N. And that seemed to go well.

Yoda: Well? More than well I would say.

Luke: That reminds me. Y/N told me to tell you he said hello.

Yoda: Always thoughtful, that boy was. Annoying at times, but thoughtful.

Luke thinks he detects a subtle softening in Yoda's voice.

Luke: I've learned so much, from him, from you Ben. Please, give me a chance.

Yoda turns his piercing gaze on Luke, as though the Jedi Master's huge eyes could somehow determine how much the boy had learned. After a long moment, the little Jedi turns toward where he alone sees Obi-Wan

Yoda: (sighs) Will he finish what he begins?

Luke: I won't fail you... I'm not afraid.

Yoda: (turns slowly toward him) Oh, you will be. You will be.

---------------------

The Imperial fleet around Vader's ship is surrounded by the asteroid storm. Asteroids big and small pelt the vast exteriors of the menacing ships. One of the smaller Imperial vessels is hit by a huge asteroid and explodes in a brilliant flash of light.

---------------------

The cockpit is quiet and lit only by the indicator lights on the control panel. Princess Leia sits in the pilot's seat. She runs her hand across the control panel as she thinks of Han and the confusion he has created within her.