All of us... (Episode IX Finale)

Multiple TIE fighters tail Poe and his side-fliers. Two of them focus on one particular fighter to try to gain numbers.

Poe: Snap, they're on your tail!

Snap: Yeah, I see 'em!

Poe: No, no, no, Snap, Snap!!

A few of the blasts make contact as the screeching TIE's nail Snap's shit, right in the engine, killing the long time pilot.

Poe: No!!!

His ship crashes into the side of one of the massive Star Destroyers. Nothing remains of him.

Bravo 6: (over comlink) Alpha 3 is down. They're on my tail-

An X-wing explodes in front of Poe. TIE fighters begin to swarm them, with three Final Order ships to each Resistance soldier.

Delta Leader: (over comlink) They're everywhere!

Another death. The Y-Wing spirals down to the ground.

Delta 4: (over comlink) Delta Leader's hit!

Two more Y-Wings explode, one after the other.

Alpha 7: (over comlink) Losing altitude!

The A-Wing goes down in a fiery explosion, crashing into a TIE fighter, which wavers in the air for a moment before crashing into more TIE, destroying a small fraction of the Final Order's forces.

Delta 2: (over comlink) General, what's our next move?!

Alpha 9: (over comlink) Poe, what now?!

As he maneuvers in the sky, his head down, and his voice cracking, Poe is barely able to keep himself flying straight. The emotions begin to overwhelm him as his fleet diminishes by the second.

Poe: My friends.... I'm sorry, I thought we had a shot. But there's just too many of them.

Lights of all colors flash in his sightline, his comms crackle with cries of death and worry. Suddenly, a familiar, suave voice filters over and into his headset.

Lando: (over comlink) But there are more of us, Poe. There are more of us.

His mind clearer than ever, Poe's eyes widen, his head lifts and he turns his X-Wing up, and above the rising Star Destroyers. Beyond them, over a thousand ships. Old BTA-NR2 Y-wings, CR90 corvettes, B-Wings, classic style A-wing interceptors.

Original Rebel X-wing starfighters. Freighters fitted with weapons, even tiny transport shuttles that had a giant gun hastily strapped to the top of the cockpit. And at the center of it all, the Millennium Falcon.

Poe's heart races as he observes the new found hope.

Poe: Look at this. Look at this...

Even as he speaks, more ships pop out of hyperspace. Finn stares up in disbelief.

Lando laughs in triumph from the pilot's seat.

Finn: Lando, you did it. You did it!!!

Nodding, and waiting for the headsets to all connect, Poe comes up  with a strategy.

Poe: Hit those underbelly cannons. Every one we knock out is a world saved.

The Black One and the Falcon lead the way. Poe dips and dives as Lando spins the Falcon to evade cannon fire.

Wedge Antilles, suited up in his Pilot's outfit, sits in the gunner's seat of the falcon.

Wedge: Nice flying, Lando.

X-Wings, B-Wings, and other ships rest in the air as their lasers strike the bottom of a Star Destroyer. In an instant, they succeed, and the bottom of the Star Destroyer explodes. Shrapnel flies from the belly of the ship and the Resistance fighters rally to attack another ship as the Star Destroyer fires off into pieces. The fragments of the War Ship sink to the Planet's surface.