The Garbage One

Realizing he's the target, Finn begins a dead sprint away from her, through the tent marketplace. Rey goes after him. He turns a corner then another then bam.She's got ahead of him and slams him to the ground with her staff. Finn is on his back, out of breath and freaked out. She holds the staff on him threateningly.

Rey: What's your hurry, thief?

Finn: What? Thief?

BB-8 rolls up fast, moving to Finn with an electro jabber emerging from his ball-body. He jabs Finn with it, shocking him.

Finn: OW! HEY! What?!

Rey: The jacket.This droid says you stole it!

Finn: I've had a pretty messed up day, alright? So I'd appreciate it if you stop accusing me OW!!!

BB-8 has jabbed him again.

Finn: STOP IT!

Rey: Where'd you get it? It belongs to his master.

Finn looks at her then the agitated droid, Finn's mind racing. He puts it all together. Frustrated, but sighing heavily, needing to respond somehow. So he makes a hard decision: to tell the truth.

Finn: It belonged to Poe Dameron. That was his name, right?

Rey and BB-8 react, surprised and wanting more.

Finn: He was captured... by the First Order.I helped him escape but our ship crashed. Poe didn't make it.

BB-8 is sad. He rolls off.

Finn: Look, I tried to help him. I'm sorry...

BB-8 heads off to the side, depressed. Rey watches BB-8, then considers Finn again. Says, a bit impressed.

Rey: So you're with the Resistance?

Finn's mind races again. He makes an easy decision: to lie.

Finn: Obviously. Yes. I am. I'm with the Resistance, yeah. (whispering) I'm with the Resistance.

Rey lowers her staff, Finn stands. Rey studies him:

Rey: I've never met a Resistance fighter before.

Finn: Well, this is what we look like. Some of us. Others look different.

Rey: BB-8 says he's on a secret mission, he has to get back to your base.

Finn: Apparently he's carrying a map that leads to Luke Skywalker, and everyone's after it.

She turns to him, concerned, curious. And asks:

Rey: Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth.

Just then BB-8 beeps like a crazy little thing at something he sees.

Rey: What is it?

Rey moves to him, peeks around a tent corner. Now Finn moves to see. At a distance, two Stormtroopers, talking to Unkar's thugs, who point their way.

Finn urgently grabs her hand and heads for the tents:

Rey: What are you doing?!

Finn: Come on!

Suddenly laser blasts tear past them, hitting the cleaning unit. They spew steam as Rey screams in shock. More blasts fly through as they run.

Finn and Rey holding hands, the three race, zigzagging through a maze of tents.

Finn: Come on, BB-8!

Rey: Let go of me!

Finn: No, we gotta move!