Somehow

Rey slams down a pack and begins loading it with stuff. Finn walks over and stands next to Y/N and Leia. The group is huddled together in a tucked away alcove standing next to Leia's old blockade runner.

Rey: I didn't finish the training course. Got distracted.

Rey walks over to her masters and whispers.

Rey: I'm just not feeling myself. I know it looks.... It looks like I'm making excuses.

Leia: Don't tell me what things look like. Tell me what they are.

Rey: I think I'm just tired. That's all.

Y/N: Well then go take a nap Rey. Give Finn here some time to catch up.

Y/N places a friendly punch to his student's shoulder who responds indignantly.

Finn: Hey... I can catch up even while she's awake.

Y/N: I'm sure you can buddy.

Leia softly smiles at them and then at Rey.

Kaydel Ko Connix: General... The Falcon still hasn't arrived. Commander's asking for guidance.

Leia looks from her subordinate back to her student. She reaches onto her belt clip and extends the lightsaber to Leia.

Rey: I will earn your brother's saber.... one day.

Leia gently takes the saber into her hand as BB-8 chirps a "Let me do it"

Rey: (chuckling) No, you can't do it for me.

Leia: Never underestimate a droid.

With a smile on her face, Leia walks off, trotting towards a control panel where Kaydel Ko Connix is surely communicating with the falcon.

Rey: (softly) Yes, Master.

Y/N: Well that was sweet wasn't it?

Finn: (jokingly) Yeah, it's really nice. Real cute.

Rey chuckles, huffs and walks in a separate direction. Finn's face is covered in a dopey grin which morphs to a frown as Rey vacates the area. Y/N rubs the bridge of his nose, stifling a laugh.

Finn: What did I say this time?

Y/N: Not sure that was entirely because of you.

He pats Finn on the shoulder and pursues after Rey. Finn turns and calls out to him.

Finn: But you're saying part of it was me?

--------------------------------------------

Men give random orders as Rey sits at her work station in the make-shift resistance base. She turns from a page that holds an image of the sith wayfinder they were looking for. Y/N joins her, noticing that she is reading the old Jedi texts from Octoo. A particular page catches his eye.

Y/N: Force healing?

Rey looks up at him with an earnest smile on her face.

Rey: Yeah. I've been trying to learn all of these abilities. There's so many of them but this one always strikes me differently.

She traces her finger along the words as she speaks.

Rey: "By the natural powers, one can transfer the living force within them to another living being. Depending on how much energy the user holds, this could be fatal.

Y/N sits down on her desk, scratching his trimmed beard. He thinks back and nods to himself, almost as if he was having an internal conversation. Rey smirks at his movements.