Bounty Hunter

Obi-Wan, Anakin, Taun We, and Boba Fett enter the apartment. Obi-Wan looks around the room.

Boba Fett: Dad! Taun We's here!

Jango Fett comes in from the bedroom. He wears a jumpsuit. He is unshaven and mean looking, his face pitted with scars of old wounds. There are a couple of weird tattoos on his muscular forearms. He eyes the Jedi with suspicion.

Taun We: Jango, welcome back. Was your trip productive?

Jango Fett: Fairly.

Obi-Wan and Jango Fett size each other up. Boba Fett studies both of them. Anakin surveys the room, meeting no one's eyes

Taun We: This is Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan Anakin Skywalker. They've come to check on our progress.

Jango Fett: That right?

Jango Fett's eyes fix Obi-Wan coldly.

Obi-Wan: Your clones are very impressive. You must be very proud.

Jango Fett: I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in  the universe, Master Jedi.

Obi-Wan: Aren't we all?

Anakin: Ain't that the truth.

Obi-Wan eyes the half-open bedroom door, through which a couple of pieces of body armor can be seen on the floor. Jango Fett registers Obi-Wan's look. He moves in front of him, blocking the view.

Obi-Wan: Ever make your way as far into the interior as Coruscant?

Jango Fett: Once or twice.

Anakin: Any time recently?

Jango Fett: (eyes them carefully) Possibly...

Obi-Wan: Then you must know Master Sifo-Dyas?

Jango Fett (Huttese): Boba, chini wo dora (Boba, close the door.)

Boba Fett moves to close the bedroom door. Jango Fett smiles thinly at Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Jango Fett: Master who?

Obi-Wan: Sifo-Dyas. Is he not the Jedi who hired you for this job?

Jango Fett: Never heard of him.

Anakin: Is that so?

Jango Fett: I was recruited by a man called Darth Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden.

Obi-Wan: No? I thought...

Taun We: Sifo-Dyas told us to expect him. And he showed up just when your Jedi Master said he would. We have kept the Jedi's involvement a secret until your arrival, just as your Master requested.

Anakin: Wild...

Jango Fett: Do you like your army?

Obi-Wan: I look forward to seeing them in action.

Anakin: They seem to be a very interesting group.

Jango Fett: (grinning) They'll do their job well, I'll guarantee that.

Obi-Wan: Thanks for your time, Jango.

Jango Fett: Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi. And his Padawan.

Them and Taun We go out. The door slides closed. Jango Fett turns to his son. He is deep in thought.

Boba Fett: What is it, Dad?

Jango Fett: Pack your things. We're leaving.

—-------------------------------------------------------