21.

••••

••••

Knocking on the door— Sincere waited impatiently for Joshua to answer. He began to ring the doorbell obnoxiously, "If you wake up my son' you're taking him with you." Joshua spoke once he finally made it to the door.

Sincere noticed his low eyes— and restless face and smiled at him.

"Boy move— where is my godson?" He stepped into the two bedroom apartment. Heading towards Josiah's nursery. "Shakur and I are taking him for a few hours— we're sure you need some sleep."

Over the the last three months had been exhausting for Joshua—- once he left Shakur's home he in fact did go to a shelter and declined any help that Shakur and Cassidy offered him. However— he did let Sincere help him out. He had been working for Mike as an paid intern for two months now and he had also signed the lease on the two bedroom apartment Mike had helped him find. On top of shared custody with Kennedy, he was still adjusting to fatherhood being that Josiah was only four weeks old now.

It was his week with him— and he was thankful that Sincere took the time off to help him when he had to work, go to school, or practice for football. He couldn't have ever imagined this was what it had been like being a parent at the age of seventeen but each time he looked at his son? It all seemed worth it. It was his senior year and he was doing a damn good job at juggling everything— while making sure to be a great father as well. Something he never had.

"You and Shakur?" Joshua frowned.

It was clear that since Shakur threatened him and put him out that night months ago— he ain't fuck with him since. No matter how much Shakur reached out, he however did still allow him to be a grandfather on his weeks that he had him since he learned that Kennedy didn't let him see him when she had him. He really didn't think that her and Shakur would be at it this long but they were one in the same.

"Not like that— he asked me if I was okay with going out shopping with the two. He only knew I'd say yes because of my little bookie butt," Sincere coo'd and picked Josiah up. "He be thinking he slick,"

Joshua laughed, "Stop calling' him that mushy name. Well— I'll leave y'all too it, call me if he gets too fussy or' anything." He yawned, "Kennedy supposed to come over so we can talk later— I'm sure she'll wanna see him so just bring him back by like eight."

"Oop— she finally can come see the place?"

Joshua sucked his teeth, "I guess so— I mean our communication about our son comes first so, maybe we can work on being friends again. She said it's important,"

Sincere continued to get Josiah dressed, "That's good. Very mature of you— you know after everything. If it's about Kameron just hear her out. I don't want to have to come bail you out of jail again. You have a bright future ahead of you and that could've hindered it if Mike hadn't pulled some strings for you."