𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲 ☆

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

"The idol group B Komachi's absolute ace..."

"Their unshakable center..."

"The supremely pretty 16-year-old girl..."

"Ai!"

"It's been four years since their formation! They gradually gained popularity, their media exposure increased, and it seems like the public has now finally discovered them!"

"This is where she really takes off!! Her stardom is now close at-"

CLICK

The lights flicked on while Amemiya Gorou was mid-rant.

"Why are you playing an idol DVD in a patient's room?" the nurse who came in asked. "It goes without saying it's rather odd."

Gorou turned around, pushed his glasses up a bit, and calmly stated, "Observing something beautiful is good for one's health. I mean, it's not like there are any idol concerts this far out in the countryside. This is a form of medical practice."

"It's proselytizing, plain and simple," the nurse said. "Please don't make it our hospital's official position."

She paused for a second, then continued, "Oh, that reminds me, sensei. Just now, it was trending on Twitter that..."

Some minutes later, on the roof...

"WHAT?!"

"Ai is going on hiatus?!" Gorou asked in disbelief while shedding tears.

"You really are a true believer," the nurse said. "She's 16, isn't she? I guess you're a lolicon."

"I only ask you don't call me that," Gorou said, staring out at the town. "I've got my reasons, okay?"

"I did my residency at this same hospital, you see. In those days, I often slacked off in patients' rooms same as now," he continued.

"Shape up," the nurse said after a bit.

Gorou ignored her and continued, "One of the patients I met back then changed my destiny."

—FLASHBACK—

"And this girl is Mei-Mei! Her dancing is great!" said a young girl enthusiastically.

"Hmm," Gorou said passively.

"Ari-pyan and Kyun-pan are good singers," the girl continued. "But my fave is..."

"Without a doubt Ai!"

"You seem to really like idols, Sarina-chan," the girl standing next to Gorou said with a smile.