𝗘𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗮: 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜𝗳 𝗔𝗶...

What if Luna had acted differently that day?

What if Luna had actually saved Ai instead?

What if... Ai had survived?

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

AI_Bkomachi
𝖨'𝗆 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝖽𝖺𝗒'𝗌 𝖽𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗋𝗍~~

Ai posted the message just as the doorbell rang. Ruby was still sleeping on the bed and Aqua was busy putting his shirt on.

"Ai Mama! There's someone at the door!" Luna yelled from the hall.

"Could that be the president and co.?" Ai wondered.

She rushed down the hall, calling, "Coming!"

As she opened the door and peeked out, Luna turned around and started to walk back to the bedroom, but she turned around to see who it was.

A man dressed in black was standing outside, holding a bouquet of white flowers.

"Congrats on your dome concert," he said. "How are your triplets?"

At that, Luna got a really bad feeling, as the man standing before them looked familiar. So she quickly grabbed a foot stool and yanked the photograph frame of her, her siblings, and Ai off the wall. Then she ran back to Ai with it in hand.

The man's hood covered his eyes, so he didn't see Luna running towards him in the distance. As he raised the knife, Luna chucked the photograph frame at his head with all her might.

The man turned just to see the photo smack him in his face. The force of the throw pushed him back and he staggered and hit his head against the door frame, a double blow.

By then, Ai had snapped out of her trance, just as the man crashed to the ground, unconscious. The knife clattered to the floor next to him.

"Ai Mama! Are you okay?!" Luna immediately asked, turning to her. "You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"No, no, I'm alright, thanks to you," Ai said, hugging her tightly. "And don't take another step. There's glass all over the floor."

The door to the bedroom opened and Aqua and Ruby rushed out.

"Ai!" Aqua called,

"We heard a thud from the bedroom," Ruby exclaimed. "What happened?!"

"Just a second, I need to call emergency services," Ai said. Then she picked Luna up and hopped over the glass scattered over the floor. She quickly picked up her phone and called for help.

"Onee-chan, what happened?" Ruby asked, tugging on Luna's sleeve. "Why is that person lying on the ground? Why is there a knife? Why is there glass on the floor? Why-"

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you," Luna squeaked, holding up her hands. "You don't need to ask that many questions."

Luna quickly explained everything briefly as Ai finished up the phone call.

"Alright, police should be here soon," Ai said as she swept all three of them into a hug.

"Will they get here before he wakes up?" Ruby asked.

"Hopefully," Aqua said.

Ai's eyes sparkled fondly as she watched her children. Tears subconsciously filled her eyes.

"Ai!" Aqua immediately said. "Why are you crying?"

"Oh, it's nothing- I just..." Ai started before cutting herself off. "I keep telling myself to tell you three that..."

Ai took a deep breath and gripped their shoulders.

"Aqua, Luna, and Ruby. I love you."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

Thankfully, the president and his wife arrived before the police came and quickly got us out of there, so no one figured out we were Ai's children.

The man was arrested for attempted murder and sentenced to prison. His name was Ryosuke.

Ai continued on to her dome concert, and it was a huge success.

And we were able to live our lives regularly, thankfully...

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

Many peaceful years later...

"Come one. You're still not ready, Ruby?" Aqua's voice came from the hall.

"Jeez, just wait a minute, onii-chan. This uniform might be cute, but it's pretty complicated," Ruby muttered.

Finally, she rushed down the hall, saying, "But, it sure is cute!"

"Don't be making us late on the first day, okay?" Luna told her, her purple hair waving behind her as Ruby put on her shoes.

"Alright, are the three of you ready?" Ai asked, her hand on the door handle.

"Yes!" the triplets chorused.

Ai opened the door, and sunlight poured into the house, illuminating her eyes.

"Remember, I'm very proud of all of you, okay?" Ai told them as they walked out on the front step. "Have a good day today!"

"Bye, Mom!" Ruby called. "We love you!"

"I love you three, too!" Ai responded while smiling, her starry eyes sparkling like the first star in the sky.

╚═══════*.·:·.★✦★・:・:*══════╝

Short side story complete!

It just so happens to be my birthday today too... so happy birthday to me-