𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

small glitch warning for this chapter, btw

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

The following day...

"I should've hired you two as scouts, huh?" Miyako remarked when Aqua and Luna brought MEM-cho into her office. "Popular YouTuber and influencer, MEM. I'm surprised to hear you were interested in being an idol.

"Your YouTube channel has 370,000 subscribers. And you have 638,000 followers on TikTok. It seems you're quite popular online.

"To start, can I ask if you're with an agency?"

"Well, I'm in the streaming business as a sole proprietor," MEM-cho answered. "I currently work with an agency called FARM, but I'm not directly sighed with them - rather, we're business partners.

"Under my agreement with them, it's no problem for me to freely take on jobs."

"Makes sense," Miyako said as she raised her IPad. "So, in this case, Strawberry Productions would be commissioning your services in the idol industry. We have plenty of internet personalities with us, so there'd be no problem making such a contract."

Miyako turned her eyes over to MEM-cho and said, "It feels like a very timely offer... but that look on your face tells me there's something you need to get off your chest."

MEM-cho gulped nervously and dropped her gaze.

"Well, I have a good idea of what it is," Miyako continued, leaning on her arm

"Your age... You're misrepresenting it, right?"

MEM-cho jerked up, surprised and shocked that Miyako guessed so quickly.

"You can tell?" she asked.

"Yes, your bone structure makes you look quite young, but you can fool me," Miyako answered. "There's no need to be afraid. Claiming to be younger by a few years is common for independent entertainers. It doesn't bother me."

"You really mean that? That's a relief," MEM-cho said, placing a hand on her chest.

"Well? How old are you really?" Miyako proceeded to question.

"Um, well..." MEM-cho stammered, poking her fingers together. "The truth is..."

She leaned in closer to Miyako and started whispering in her ear.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh..."

Suddenly, Miyako's face turned dark in shock and her smile became strained.