𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

One day at home...

"You were scouted?!" Aqua, Luna, and Miyako exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah, for one of those underground idol groups," Ruby explained, holding up the card she was given. "I feel like this has gotta be fate!

Her siblings and Miyako gave each other looks while Ruby continued happily, "I've been keeping an eye on underground idol recruitment for a long time, you see. Mom also became an idol after being scouted, right? I must be being guided, don't you think?"

 Mom also became an idol after being scouted, right? I must be being guided, don't you think?"

"Is it really a legit idol group?" Miyako asked suspiciously.

"Not some sketchy job?" Aqua and Luna asked together.

"It's nothing like that," Ruby rebutted.

"Have you gone over the terms of the contract?" Miyako questioned her.

"The scout said I can come see their next concert," Ruby said, twirling around. "Then we'll get into the contract and stuff after that."

"Hmm

"Hmm..." The other three muttered as they deadpanned.

"Aw, I can't wait~" Ruby said, her eyes sparkling.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

Later that night...

"What a pain in the butt..." Aqua muttered. "I've gotta find some way to stop her."

"There you go again," Luna sighed.

Miyako looked up from her coffee. "After what happened to Ai-san, I sympathize with you not wanting to let your sweet sister follow that same path. You know, I..." Miyako trailed off a bit. "...still find myself thinking that if I'd done this or that back then maybe things would be different now. I never want to feel like that again."

I've raised Ruby while thinking of her as my own daughter. I'll protect her no matter what, Miyako thought. But... as she is my daughter, that's all the more reason I can't stop her from feeling the way she does. She has come to look more and more like Ai... I hate to say it, but she has the qualities to make it.