𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗶𝘅

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

This can't be happening.

But it was.

"Ai... Mama..." Luna whispered on instinct before clapping a hand over her mouth, hoping no one heard her.

Meanwhile, Aqua felt numb, like he had been struck by lightning. Or more like, he was struck by how Akane had seemingly dragged Ai's soul back from the dead.

 Or more like, he was struck by how Akane had seemingly dragged Ai's soul back from the dead

"A-Akane?" he breathed.

"What's the matter, Aqua?" Akane asked him, tilting to the side. "You look like you saw a ghost."

"No..." Aqua said, a bit too quickly. Then he twisted his eyes to the side.

"Akane!" MEM-cho called as she stepped into the classroom and gave her a hug. "Welcome back!"

"Sorry to have kept you all waiting!" Akane apologized as the rest of the cast stepped into the classroom.

"You can say that again! We missed you!" MEM-cho said happily.

"Let's have a good time, okay?" Yuki told her.

"Yeah!"

"It's good to see you're looking well..." Nobu started. "but are you really okay now?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Akane asked, turning around to look at him. Her sea-green eyes sparkled in the morning light.

 Her sea-green eyes sparkled in the morning light

Everyone looked at her, confused and enthralled.

"What do I mean? Well, you know..." Nobu trailed off.

"Oh right, I did get flamed big time!" Akane recalled, smiling like it was nothing. "I feel like I really messed up, but that kinda thing happens all the time!"

"You seem different somehow, Akane," Yuki commented slowly.

Akane moved a little closer to her. "Do you hate the new me, Yuki?" she asked, leaning forward.