Chapter Six

(Noah) *Surprise! :D*

It was about four o’clock in the afternoon when some of the other wolves arrived, breaking the tranquil silence that had engulfed us. After I had told Taylor about the Hunters and what they could do to her, she went quiet and thoughtful. I could almost hear the gears in her head churning as she sat on my lap processing everything. “Is there something on your mind sweetheart?” I asked jarring her from the state she had been in.

“Oh no my mind was just wandering,” Taylor leaned up and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek. I wrapped my arms around her possessively when the door opened. It was an unmated male of the pack and I could read his thoughts as he walked into the house.

Don’t even think about my Mate ever again! I sent through the mind link and saw him visibly flinch when he heard my voice in his head. The male, whom I recognized as Kelci’s younger brother Cameron, shot me an apologetic smile before slinking into the kitchen.

Speaking of Kelci I haven’t seen her in a couple of days. I was about to go ask Cameron where she was at when the door opened again revealing Kelci. Her hair was all over the place, dirt was smudged on her face and clothes, and there were rips in her jeans. I need to speak to you in your study. NOW! she told me and headed upstairs with Taylor giving her a strange look.

“I’ll be right back babe,” I said lifting Tay off of my lap and onto the seat next to me. I pressed a soft kiss her lips before I went up my study.

Shutting the door behind me I saw Kelci overlooking the yard. “Where the hell have you been?” she turned to look at me.

“I, dear cousin, was out doing exactly what you told me to.” I hadn’t told anyone else this, but I sent Kelci out to track down the scent of the Hunters. She was one of the best Warriors in my Uncle’s pack and I approached him about her helping me. Uncle Harry wasn’t one to not give his family what they needed. He had told me that Kelci would be at my disposal for as long as I needed her.

I gave her a nod then took a seat at my desk. It was scattered with papers that dealt with pack finances, territory lines, and a list of other Alphas in the area. “What did you find?”

Kelci shook her head and her eyes went narrow. “Those bastards led me on a wild goose chase for a day and half. They’re good Noah. It scares at how much of your territory they know.” I didn’t say anything and motioned for her to continue. “They led me to Bear Lake where the scent trailed off because of the water, then I managed to pick it up again at the edge of the territory.” I knew that Kelci couldn’t go out our territory and into the lands next to us. Those lands belonged to Alpha Brennan and the Silver Lake pack.

They were known for being ruthless, vicious killers to any wolf who crossed their territory that didn’t belong to their pack. I shuddered at the thought of that pack. I mean our pack wasn’t outnumbered, but I preferred that we didn’t kill everyone who stepped foot onto our lands. “I’d like to know how they got around the patrol I’ve had running,” I muttered running my hand through my hair. “I have my best wolves out there and every time they seem to get past them!” slamming my hand down on the desk I let out a low growl in my chest. “I may have to call Brennan and form an alliance with them.”

At my words Kelci gave me a look that said that I was crazy. “Noah you can’t make an alliance with the Silver Lake Pack!” I shook my head in disagreement. It was the only way to catch these Hunters once and for all.

“Kelci it is the only way to make sure that they never harm Taylor,” my mind went to the amazing, beautiful brunette downstairs. “They want her and I won’t allow that to happen!” Kelci merely nodded and gave me a hug.