Chapter Thirteen

A few weeks had passed since my change and things were finally going right. Noah had slowly been training me on defense and hunting so that way I was prepared if anything happened to me. He told me it was because he was still unsure about the Hunters even though I told him that my father wouldn't let anyone do anything to the Pack.

Currently I was laying on the bed waiting for Noah to come back from a meeting with some of the Pack Elders. He had left earlier this morning and when I tried to talk to him via our mind link, he would tell me that he'd be out soon. I really wasn't interested on what was on TV as I was mindlessly flipping through the channels, finally landing on A&E. Decididng to leave it there I got comfortable and pulled Noah's pillow to my body and cuddled up to it.

If I couldn't have Noah next to be physically, then his pillow would have to do. Inside I knew that I was being selfish, wanting to have Noah by me all the time, but it was hard. Having to adjust to being a new wolf was something that I wouldn't be able to do on my own. But I knew that being an Alpha meant that he was going to be away a lot and that was something I had to get used to.

I was dressed in a pair of sweatpants and one of Noah's old baseball shirts with my hair thrown up in a messy bun. If anyone came in to see me, they would see just how messy I looked. And that was why I kept the door locked unless it was important. Not to mention I was still getting used to being a wolf and would have emotional breakdowns at unexpected times.

"Luna are you in there?" came the voice of one of the Warriors. Noah had at least one of them standing outside when he was gone because he was still wary of some of the Hunters from my parents' clan coming to get me.

"Yes Jerome," I unlocked the door and smiled at the Warrior standing in front of me. He wore a neutral expression and I was utterly confused. "Is there something wrong?"

He shook his head and motioned for me to follow him. Stepping out into the hall, I followed Jerome down to the big conference room that was next to Noah's study. At the desk I saw Noah and Conner looking over a stack of papers with some of the Pack Elders sitting in the chairs throughout the study.

"Alpha," Jerome knelt down as a sign of respect. "I did as you asked." I cocked my brows and crossed my arms over my chest. What was this all about?

"Thank you Jerome," Noah pushed himself away from the desk and Jerome left the room. Walking over to me, Noah placed a kiss on my forehead and wrapped an arm tightly around my waist. He led me back to the desk and sat down with me on his lap. "Now that everyone is here we can continue our discussion."

One of the Pack Elders stood up and cleared his throat. "It has come to our attention, Alpha that our Pack's Luna is the daughter of the most notorious Hunters in the country," a silent gasp passed my lips and I tensed. "You tell us that you made a pact with Hunter Raymus when you were reunited with your Mate."

"That is correct," Noah's jaw was clenched tightly in anger. "All that matters to him is his daughter's happiness and her happiness is with our Pack," there was a murmur from some people in the room. Noah brushed a loose piece of my hair out of my face and squeezed me tighter. "So I do not think that Raymus would do anything to upset Taylor."

Silence filtered the room causing an unbearable tension to overcome us. In the back I saw another Pack Elder stand and quickly recognized her as Noah's grandmother. I knew that she didn't like me because I had been a human and now because of my parents. "Did you forget Noah that those bastards took your brother?!" in all the years that I had known Mrs. Davies, she had never raised her voice like that to any of her grandchildren. "You could have made a deal with them! Let them take her in return for your brother." this time a gasp escaped not only my lips but the lips of some of the other people in the room.