Chapter Twenty Three

Happy Friday! Here is some alone time for our wonderful couple. The next chapter is also going to be their vacation. Then we'll dive back into reality.

Playlist in the external link and picture is of Chicago from their dinner cruise!

SOTC -- I Got A Feelin' - Dierks Bentley

***********

It was almost dinner time when Noah and I got to our hotel. I was exhausted and just wanted to order room service. The streets of Chicago were crowded with people out enjoying the early spring air even though there was still snow on the ground. Noah took my hand and led me to the front desk where a woman snapped her gum in annoyance. But when she saw Noah approaching her demeanor changed. I narrowed my eyes into slits and let out a quiet snarl.

“It is okay baby,” Noah whispered as he squeezed my hand. “I’ve got eyes for only one girl in this room.” I smiled at his words and wrapped my arm around his waist with my hand resting on his stomach.

“Welcome to the Westin Chicago,” the woman gave Noah a flirtatious grin and acted as if I wasn’t there. “How can I help you this evening?”

Noah gave her a polite smile and subtly brought me closer. “My fiancée and I have a reservation,” it took all of my will power not to laugh when Noah said fiancée. “It should be under the name Davies.” I looked at the name tag she had on and saw that her name was Katherine.

“Of course Sir,” Katherine gave yet another flirtatious smile. I growled a little bit louder and she looked at me in surprise. Her fingers tapped quickly over the keyboard as she looked for our reservation. “Ah yes here you are. It looks like you’ve got one of the best rooms in the hotel.” She handed us a pamphlet and pointed to the room we were staying in. It was called the Celebrity Suite with two levels which included a king bedroom, a whirlpool, and a parlor.

My eyes welled up with tears and looked up at Noah. “Did you tell your mom to reserve this room?” he merely nodded and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“Your card has already been charged Mr. Davies,” Katherine looked at her computer. “Please enjoy your stay with us at the Westin Chicago.” She handed us two room keys and a bellhop came over to help us take our bags up to our room.

We got into the elevator and I gasped when I saw that we were going to be on the 19th floor. I gripped Noah’s hand tighter and leaned into him. The elevator began its ascent to our floor and I could feel my wolf poking her way forward. We’ve gotten so lucky with our mate.

I nodded mentally at her. He’s been nothing short of amazing.

My wolf agreed and then went silent as we reached our floor. The bellhop let us out first and then led us to a door that said Celebrity Suite on it. Noah took out one of the keys and slid it into the door and waited for it to unlock.

When we stepped in I was in awe at what I was seeing. In the living room there was a couch, a large flat screen TV, and a dining area just off of the living area. There was also a spiral staircase that led up to the bedroom.

I hadn’t even noticed that the bellhop had left because I was so engrossed in the room. I walked up the stairs to the bedroom and was even more surprised. There was a bathroom, a whirlpool, and even a balcony that overlooked the Chicago skyline. “Noah you have to come see this view!”

Opening the door to the balcony I stepped outside into the cool spring air. You could see all of the different hotels, the Chicago River, and the nightlife. Noah wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. “Do you like it?” he asked.