Chapter Nine

Just as an FYI, I'm in the last two weeks of my semester and it's going to be super busy. I am not for sure when this will be updated again (after this update). It may be the last week in April, but I'm not for sure.

********
Taylor

I sat down on my bed later tha night and let the events of the day replay back in my head. The first thing that I saw was Noah's face and it broke my heart even more. Knowing that I would never talk to him or speak to him again made me realize just how lonely my life would be. I wouldn't give my love to another because I couldn't. Noah had taken it and it stayed with him even though we were miles apart. But what hurt the most was what he told in our phone call. He gave me up because he didn't want a Mate and prefferred to live his life as a Player rather than the devoted Mate he was supposed to be. A knock on the door shook me from my miserable thoughts. "Venice?" Mother poked her head in and gave me a sad smile. "Can I come in?"

"Sure Mother," I patted the seat next to me with a smile. She came in and took the spot offered, wrapping me in her embrace. Mother's scent was that of vanilla and lilacs, two of my favorite smells from when I was a little girl. "I miss him so much," I could feel the start of tears in the corner of my eyes and buried my face into the long sleeve shirt Mother was wearing.

Mother rubbed up and down my back slowly in a comforting manner. "I know you do Darling," the door opened again and I assumed it was Father. The bed sank on my opposite side and more arms were wrapped around me. "We will try to make Noah see how wrong he is." I clutched to her even harder when she said his name. Mother moved and cupped my face so that way I was looking at her. "Now dry those tears," I sniffled and wiped away the stray tears with my hand. "Let's go downstairs and introduce you to everyone else."

Father helped me stand up and smiled at me. "Venice..."

"Could you please call me Taylor?" I asked cutting Father off suddenly. Both of my parents raised their brows at my request. "It's just...being called Taylor for most of my life is what I'm used too and..." I bit my lip, trying to decide on how to form my sentence. "And I know that Venice is my given name, but Taylor is normal for me. So please call me Taylor...please." Father rubbed the bridge of his nose and Mother shifted uncomfortably.

They both remained silent for a few minutes and I could feel my heart rate pick up. Finally Father spoke "Alright we will call you Taylor, but from time to time Venice may slip out." I gave them both a smile and waited for them to go downstairs.

When we made it to the living room I saw a bunch of people that I hadn't met before. I gave Father a glance when one of the older gentlemen came up to me as he wrapped me in a hug and I stiffened. This hug was unfamiliar and I didn't like it. As much as I wanted to pull away I knew that it would be rude to whoever this was.

Father laughed from behind me when he saw my distress. "Dad you may want to back off some," my eyes went wide and I pulled back. Woah. This man definitely looks like Father, just a little bit older. Father came up and put his arm around my shoulder. "Taylor this your Grandfather Sven." Sven was a name from the Nordic countries, so my ancestry must go back some time.

"Hello Grandfather," I gave him a small smile, still a little unsure of everything. Grandfather's eyes narrowed and he sniffed the air.

"You smell like a Wolf," these were not the first words that I had expected to hear. He gave my parents a condescending look and crossed his arms over his chest. "When you told me of your asinine plan Raymus, I knew that it wouldn't work out in our favor," Grandfather gave me another once over before he continued speaking. "She's fallen in love with the Alpha," gasps from everyone else around us made me cringe. "I will not have this trash in my house."