Chapter Fourteen

Not edited. It's 3AM and I have a 9AM...

I am terribly sorry about the wait. I lost inspiration for this story for a while, but it is slowly coming back. It is still on hold, but not for much longer :D

Thanks for the reads and votes!

******* 

I turned around to face Noah, who was looking at me, fury written on his face. A solitary tear rolled down my face as I felt his hurt wash over me. “There is no way in hell that you’re going to be leaving,” Noah wrapped me in his arms and wrapped me in a hug. Laying my head on his chest, I inhaled his scent.

“But I am such a liability to the Pack,” I stated pulling away from the warmth. “If I go back with my parents then they won’t attack.” In my head it sounded logical but knowing Noah, he would find the fault in it.

As if reading my mind, no pun intended, Noah’s features hardened. “That’s a foolish thought and you know it Taylor.” His words were harsh and it hurt to hear them. “Even if you did go back, some of them would still attack. And your safety would be in question because you’re a werewolf now.”

As it dawned on me that I couldn’t go back and live with my parents because I had gone through the Change. The rest of the Clan wouldn’t accept me and I’d be forced to stay in confinement. A pang of hurt rushed through me as I thought about it. I wouldn’t ever be able to see my parents again because they couldn’t come here and I couldn’t go there.

Noah sensed my distress and he wrapped his arms around me tightly. “It’s going to be okay, I promise.” How many times had I heard that phrase? ‘I promise…’ yet every promise ended up being broken. Could I really put myself through that again? Could I put my heart through that again?

I turned to look at him and cupped his cheek in my hand. “Don’t promise me anything please,” Noah’s eyes narrowed and I smiled to keep him in check. “We’ve gone through so many promises that I can’t take them anymore. Just be here for me and be my rock.”

“I can do that. No promises,” he joked and I let out a laugh. It felt good to laugh freely and not have to worry about anything that was happening around us.

Pulling me close to him Noah fell back on the bed and we laid there in silence for a while. We never really got ‘alone time’ with each other with Noah being gone and dealing with a lot of the pack’s finances, issues, and other stuff.

I had been training relentlessly with some of the other wolves and Brendon the pack’s trainer. The days were long and exhausting so by the time we were done for the day I was ready for bed, but I had so much more to do. Noah told me that since I was Luna I had to learn all of the other packs in the area and the names of their Alphas, Lunas, Betas, and Omegas as well as where they were located. There were 700 other packs in the state of Illinois and keeping them all straight was easier said than done.

Every night I was curled up in the study with a book in my hands putting names, packs, and faces to memories. When I had asked Noah if every Luna had to do this he told me that it wasn’t common for this to happen. Since I had grown up a human and had no idea of the politics that it took to be Luna, I was the only exception. In other words, the other Lunas already knew what the hell they were doing while I was left in the dark.

It didn’t help that Noah was no help whatsoever. I would ask him a question about a certain pack and he wouldn’t warrant an answer. That was something that irked me to end; he was supposed to help me, but clearly that wasn’t the case.

 I wasn’t sure how long we had lain there, but the tranquility was broken by a knock on the door. “Enter,” Noah called out and Xavier walked in.