Chapter Twenty Four

Hello everyone! This update is earlier than I expected. Its 2AM and I have to be at work by 11:15.

I make reference to Brennan in this chapter. He is the Alpha of the Silver Lake Pack and is mentioned in chapter four. He will be making more appearances in this story and may even get a story of his own.

Here is a link to a collection of outfits for this story if you want to check it out: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=3974360. And the playlist is in the external link!

Pictures to the side of Noah in his beanie.

SOTC -- Love Somebody - Backstreet Boys

***********

When I woke up the next morning the sunlight was just peeking into the room. It hit the side of Noah's face giving his already golden skin a little bit more color. Reaching out I brushed a piece of his hair that had fallen onto his forehead to the side. He moved slightly, but still didn't wake up and I didn't have the heart to disturb him.

Carefully climbing from the bed I grabbed the robe that was thrown over the chair and went down to the kitchen. With the coffee pot on and brewing I made a call down to room service and ordered breakfast for Noah and I. He had done so much for me the past couple of weeks that I wanted to return it.

Stepping out onto the balcony I watched as the sun continued to rise above the horizon. The light hit the water causing the orange and pink glow to reflect back on the balcony. There came a knock at the door and I went back in to answer it.

Opening the door I saw a young man dressed in black pants and a white top. "Good morning ma'am. I have your breakfast and some orange juice."

"Thank you," I stepped to the side to let him in. "You can put it on the table." Going to the coffee pot I grabbed two cups and filled each of them. Mine was plain black and Noah's had two packets of sugar and a teaspoon of creamer. I turned around to see that the young man had left, but had poured the juice for us.

Taking Noah's coffee upstairs with me I walked into the bedroom to see him still sleeping. His arm was over his eyes and the blankets were shoved to the end of the bed. Carefully and quietly setting the cup down, I crawled back on the bed and scooted close to him.

"Noah," I said gently rubbing my finger over his stubbly cheek. "Wake up darling, I've got breakfast downstairs." He moaned, but didn't move. Quietly giggling I ran my finger around his face and poked his nose once. Still no movement.

With a huff I got up off the bed and walked around to his side. Kneeling down beside him I moved the arm that was covering his eyes and pressed a kiss to his lips. I looked up to see Noah smiling at me, his eyes flickering between their normal emerald green and the black of his wolf. "Good morning sleepy head," I pressed another kiss to his lips and stood up. The hardwood floor of the bedroom hurt my knees and I needed to use the bathroom.

Going into the bathroom I shut the door and did my business. When I came back out Noah wasn't in the bedroom, but his scent told me that he was downstairs. Heading that way I saw Noah sitting outside on the balcony with our food. Sitting down across from him I picked up my fork and began to eat, not realizing just how hungry I was.

"Where were you this morning?" Noah asked as his sipped his coffee.

"Oh, I was downstairs ordering breakfast and watching the sunrise," I motioned toward the lake where the sun now sat midway on the horizon. "I couldn't fall back asleep and I didn't want to wake you up so I came out here."

Noah reached for my hand and I let him take it. "I woke up about ten minutes before you came in," I knew that I had scared him, but I guess I didn't realize at how much. "My wolf and I thought that someone from Ivory Clan had taken you."