Chapter Twenty Two

Another early upload! But after this upload, it will be on Fridays; I'm trying to get this chapter up so I can actually focus on homework lol.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of the votes, comments, and reads! I never expected my story to get over 37,500 reads. So this chapter is dedicated to every single one of my readers. You're the reason I love writing and love posting!

Playlist in the external link! This chapter is a mixture of different genres. Be aware that some songs are explicit (Eminem makes an apperance in the list)!

Rather Be -- Clean Bandit

***********

The next two weeks were unbearable. I wasn’t able to get out of bed for anything and had to have someone get it for me. Noah always made sure that I was doing what the Doctor said and healing properly. It became frustrating for me because I was tired of being cooped up in bed watching TV.

During the day I was joined by Gina and Melina who would paint my nails and tell me all of the latest gossip. We would watch really bad talk shows and laugh at how ridiculous some of the people on them were. The girls would also bring me lunch and hang out until Noah got home. At night when Noah came home he would make me dinner and we would watch cheesy movies and talk about the wedding. Noah mostly nodded his head when I talked about the wedding or would shake his head in agreement. I knew that he wasn’t interested in the planning part so I let it slide.

It was finally three weeks later and Noah was taking me to the Pack Doctor so I could get checked out. He wanted to make sure that I was healed before he let me get out of bed. I had fought with him this morning about walking around the bedroom, but Noah insisted that I let him carry me to the bathroom to get ready. I grumbled the entire time, but I put my foot down when he started to dress me. I shooed him out of the room and got dressed slowly being careful to not jar my ribs.

Noah carried me in to the office and sat me down on one of the couches there. He walked over to the secretary who had her head bowed in respect. “We’re here to see Kyle,” Noah smiled at her and the woman blushed a deep shade of red. It was no surprise because Noah was extremely attractive and the she-wolves knew it.

I watched as she got up to go and get the Doctor. Noah turned back to me and smiled. “Normal she-wolves get insanely jealous when another woman ogles their mates,” he said sitting down.

“Well I’m not normal and I don’t get jealous very easily,” I replied with a giggle. “Besides I don’t have to worry because I know you won’t stray.” Noah kissed my cheek and interlaced our fingers.

“But when other men talk to you I get insecure and jealous,” I snapped my head toward him in shock. Noah gets insecure and jealous? “I get that way because I think that they’ll sweep you off your feet or that you’ll find someone else who treats you better. That someone else can love you better and more than I.” taking my hand I cupped his cheek and stared into his eyes. “I hate it when we’re out and the human guys stare at you. But you don’t ever seem to notice them and even then I’m still insecure and jealous.”

Tears welled up in my eyes and I brought Noah’s head down to me so our lips could meet. When we pulled away breathless I shook my head. “I’m sorry that you’ve felt like this for so long. I hate that you think that someone else is going to take me away from you. I hate that you doubt your own love for me. But Noah I don’t doubt any of that.” I whispered and brought our interlaced hands to eye level. “I don’t doubt it because you asked me to marry you and that’s how I know you love me. And because you’re here for me through my worst; your love is what keeps me going. Please don’t ever doubt it again.”