Chapter 2

Aemond makes his way toward his chambers. He has just tucked the twins into their separate beds, making sure they are both fast asleep.
It is not like Lyanna to go to bed without putting the twins to bed with him.

It worries him. Ever since he met her he has never seen her so unlike herself as today.

He slowly opens the wooden door, careful not to let it creak too much. The heat from the fireplace seeps out of the room, the light making the shadows around him dance. At the far end, he can make out her sleeping figure on the bed.

As he shuts the door behind him, he starts to undress, pulling his leathers over his head before starting to untie the laces of his pants. He uses the bedpost to keep his balance while he takes his boots off. He only leaves his tunic on. Slowly he climbs into bed,  feeling fatigue suddenly wash over him.

Lyanna's back is towards him, her dark brown hair falling over her naked shoulder like a waterfall. She is truly the most beautiful woman he has ever laid eyes on.

And she is his. Only his.

His hands slide under the covers until he reaches her hip, feeling the difference in temperature as his cold hands touch her blazing skin. She moans softly at his touch, moving ever so slightly. Aemond bites down on his lower lip as he scoots closer, pulling her gently towards his chest, ensuring there is no space left between them.

With his nose buried in her hair, he takes a deep breath, letting his nostrils fill with the sweet scent of wildflowers and citrus fruit.
A growl escapes his lips but he forces the hunger inside him back. It will do Lyanna no good to disturb her while she is sleeping. He knows she needs the rest after the day she has had.

But he struggles to tame what is waking up inside him, causing his body to harden and grind against hers.

Lyanna moves and he freezes. Cursing himself for being so selfish.
She moans again before slowly turning to him.
"Aemond?" she asks hoarsely, the sleep still trying to pull her back under.
He watches as she turns herself all the way around to face him, putting her arms around him, and lacing her legs between his.
He kiss the top of her head, "I'm sorry I woke you."
She smiles, "I had trouble sleeping anyway." she pulls him, even more, closer to her, "I hope the twins aren't mad at me for not saying goodnight to them."

"I told them you are not feeling well."
Lyanna sigh, "I hate feeling like this."
Aemond start caressing her back, wishing he could rub the stress from her. He watches as her eyelids fall and a smile starts playing around her lips before he puts a finger under her chin, forcing her to look at him.
"What is bothering you? Is it this whole thing with Rhaenyra?"

"I don't know," she says with a frown, "I have this strange feeling of impending doom, feeling as if something bad is about to happen and I can't stop it. Not even my abilities will be enough. For some reason, Helaena's prophecy made it ten times worse for me."
He puts his lips against hers, kissing her slowly at first. His hand cup her cheek. Her lips part under his and his tongue happily accept the invitation. He missed this. They haven't been intimate for a while, with him only returning from his visit to the Wall yesterday. He spent a few days there, missing his family more with every passing minute.

Aemond pulls away slightly, still able to feel her breath on his face.
"I want you to remember, that no matter what, I will keep you and our children safe. I am no warg or greenseer, but I don't go down easily in a fight," he whispers, his gaze burning into hers.
She nods, "I know."

Her lips find his again as her hands slide in under his tunic, feeling the smooth muscles.
Aemond's hands find her breasts and his mouth slowly makes its way down her neck toward his favorite part of her body, placing soft kisses on the delicate skin.

"Let's try for another one," he says softly, pulling his face back towards her face.
She smiles, "I can't, my Love. Not after the two we lost."
"We won't lose another one. I just know it."
She places her hand on his chest, "My heart can't stand to lose another one."

He remembers the two miscarriages like it happened yesterday. Lyanna desperately wanted another baby after the birth of the twins, she loved the feeling and joy the children brought her. But each time they tried and found out she was pregnant, the pregnancy tragically ended with her losing the baby. Twice.

Every time a piece of him died inside, seeing how heartbroken she was, how she lost weight from not eating, losing herself in her duties, and trying her best to ignore anything that might remind her of her failures of producing another child.

"Please don't force me," she says with a sob.
The look in her eyes was enough to make him fall on his knees in front of her, ready to rip his heart out with his hands if she commands it.
"I won't force you."

He pulls her back into his embrace, continuing where they left off.
Her back arches under his urgent mouth, her breath racing with each pleasurable kiss against her chest.
"Aemond," she moans and it takes all of his willpower to not sink his teeth into her shoulder.
"I want you," she whispers. His hand trails down towards her hips, his hand appreciating every part of his wife's body.

Lyanna wraps her legs around him as he pushes himself up and over her.
"I want you, Aemond," she moans again, feeling like she is going to lose her mind due to his hands. Aemond ignores her, his hand trailing down between her legs.

A loud gasp escapes her mouth. She intertwines her feet behind his back as she pulls him closer.
"Now!" she growls into his ear and it doesn't take him long to claim her. Their bodies move together as one, their souls melting, their hearts beating at the same pace.

He lets her reach her climax first before he finds his, pulling out just in time. It takes them both a moment to get their breaths back, Lyanna reaching out for Aemond as if he is the only supply of oxygen left in the world. He wraps her into his embrace, cradling her against his chest.

"I love you," she whispers as she falls asleep. He listens to her breath become deeper as she falls into a deeper state of rest. He smiles as he looks down at her face, tracing her jaw with his index finger.
"I love you too," he whispers back as he too falls asleep.