Chapter 20

Aemond puts his arm around his wife as they walk back to their room from the nursery. They both excused themselves from the feast, knowing very well it will only end in the early hours of the morning.

Lyanna tried to be mad at Aemond for what he did to Jace, but seeing the way he works with the twins made her forget all he has ever done. Now all she can think about is how grateful she is for having him.

"So," Aemond says as they walk into their room, "Are you going to tell me about the situation with the Greyjoys?"

They walk towards the bed, each going to their side. Lyanna starts to unbutton her dress.

"This will only make you angry," she says, "But Dalton Greyjoy sent a raven with quite an interesting note. In it he calls me the 'Self Proclaimed Queen' and that he will slaughter me and my family for the men we've slain in the village in the Vale."

Aemond takes his boots off, "You mean that attack we stopped before we got married?"

She nods, "Yes, we had to teach the villagers how to fight within less than a day."

"Hmmm," he looks at her, "And then you burned his fleet?"

Lyanna looks away, "I know,  I should've asked everyone if they mind me using their dragons. I was just so angry,  I couldn't help it. Dalton had to be sent a message."

Aemond walks over to her, "You do not have to apologize. It is just a shame you didn't have Vhagar. You could've melted the pathetic towers he calls home."

Lyanna smiles and allow him to undress her further, "Next time I will wait for you before I attempt such a thing again."

As her dress fall to the ground, Aemond begins to kiss a trail from her hand, up her arm, across her shoulder, and up her neck. Lyanna closes her eyes, wanting very much for it to never end.

Aemond's mouth finds hers and suddenly her vision is overwhelmed with the colour green. Emerald-green smoke twirls before her, blinding and suffocating her. She forces it away with her mind, but the moment the fog disappears, she is met with striking green eyes.
Lyanna, she can hear her name being called out in her head. The voice she hears is that of a woman, a voice that flows like honey and cream. The voice is tempting her, coaxing her to lash out. Why does it make her feel so angry?

Lyanna takes a step away from Aemond, placing her hands on his chest.

"Is something wrong?" he asks.
Lyanna shakes her head, trying to get that voice out of her head.
"Aemond," she says and takes a breath before saying anything else. She has never felt magic quite as strong as this. She knows he said he wasn't in contact with anyone that can wield magic, but the feeling she got right now is the same one she experienced with him this morning.

"Be honest with me," she says and takes his face in both her hands, "Did you come in contact with anyone at Riverrun that wields magic? Magic users have a strange look about them. You would've been able to distinguish between them and normal people."

Aemond shakes his head, "I already told you, Lyanna.  I wasn't in contact with anyone that looked like they can do magic. Why do you keep on asking me about it?"
Lyanna rubs the hair from her eyes. He talked about wine, he was drinking wine with Lord Tully. No, it won't be in the wine, this is much stronger than a mere potion.

"I doubt Lord Tully will know how to do it," she mumbles and sees Aemond's confused face, "Tell me what happened at Riverrun, everything that happened since you got there."

Aemond pulls her to sit on the edge of the bed with him. He is not sure what she wants to hear from him, but he will tell her whatever she wants to hear.