Chapter 11

From Lyanna's point of view.

It was the strangest feeling. A feeling of not knowing if I am awake or dreaming.

At first, it was total darkness, floating on in an endless vacuum of nothing. No light, no air...just nothing. But somehow I knew I was somewhere, even if I can't see where that 'somewhere' was.

Then the burning started. At first, it was just a warm feeling, filling me up slowly, starting in my stomach. A smoldering ember in my core. It was not uncomfortable but also not pleasant. The slow-burning ember emitted a small glow of light. Not enough light to show me where I am.

The burning began to intensify, burning more and more with every passing minute, as if I make more sparks for this fire every time I move.
It was painful, spreading throughout my whole body, creeping down my legs, circling my knees, and finding the path toward my toes. The same with my upper body. The fire spread to every organ as it found its way to the far corners of my being. When it reached my lungs every breath started to burn as well. I wished at a time that I can just die, I don't want to feel this pain anymore. But then it spread to my heart, the organ ensuring my blood moves through my body. But this time it ensured that this fire spread through quicker, sending more oxygen to the flames, encouraging it to burn as wild as it can.

I thought it couldn't get worse than that.

I was wrong.

My brain was the worst. I was crawling around in pain while still floating in this dark pool. No words can describe how terrifying it is to be in such agony and not be able to see.
The fire seeping through the cracks in my brain felt warmer than the rest. This must be how it feels like to be burned alive by a dragon. It is the only thing I can compare it to.

I yelled out. Hoping that the sound of my voice would make the burning go away. But it only made it worse. The flames inside started to make bright light, shining from my skin. As I tried to look around me, all I saw was the endless nothing I knew I was stuck in. The only difference is that I can see it spreading out around me.

Where am I?

Why am I feeling this way?

Then I remembered the knife in my gut, the poison slowly killing me.

Daemon.

If only I could reach him from here, make him feel my pain before killing him. If only I knew where I was.

I was trying to make sense of my situation but the constant pain held me back, numbing my ability to think.

You are a greenseer, Lyanna.

The little voice in my head kept on reminding me that I am much stronger than whatever is happening to me.

Fight it, push it away.

Easier said than done, I wanted to yell back. I tried. Focusing on the source of the pain, the ember that started it all. I closed my eyes, trying hard not to yell out in pain again.

My mind traveled through my body, searching for the poison. I found it easily, a black mass that looks like it has roots shooting out from it, the roots that are the cause of the fire being spread all over. I started attacking it, willing my mind to do whatever it must to rip it out.

Over and over I rammed into this thing, thinking that it will never budge, but I saw a root shoot loose from where it was fastened. It's working!

I kept on doing the same thing until all the roots came loose, leaving the black mass floating around in my stomach. With a final will from my mind, the black mass dissolved into nothing.