Chapter 14

Lyanna knocks softly on the wood of Cregan's bedroom door. He is sitting on his bed, watching the fire burn. He doesn't even hear the knock or Lyanna approaching. All he can think about are the things that have happened to him the past few days. Almost losing his sister and now being betrothed to a young lady he has never seen in his life, not knowing if she is pretty or not. It will be disappointing if she is not pretty.

"I have never seen you so lost in thought, Little Wolf," Lyanna says and takes a seat next to him on the bed, her hand tracing circles on his back. He shakes his head and closes his eyes at the sensation of Lyanna's fingers on his back. 

"You want to tell me what is on your mind?" she asks.
He looks at his hands, "Not really." then he looks up at her and smiles, "I am glad you are better now. I was worried that I am going to lose you too. I don't want to be that last Stark that is left."

Lyanna pulls him closer to her and rests her chin on his head, "I will never just leave you, Cregan. There are too many things that I still need to do before I can close my eyes forever."
He rests his head against her, not caring if it makes him look like a child, "I am afraid, Lyanna."
"Of the marriage, you got yourself into?" 
He nods, "I don't know what to expect. I don't regret doing it, if it means saving you I will do it all over again."

"Look at me," she says and places a hand under his chin, "You never have to feel the need to save or protect me. That is my job, I am the older sister, I should protect you. I appreciate what you did for me, Cregan, I do. But please, in the future, do not make decisions like this without my consent." 

"I was only trying to help," a few tears spill from his eyes, "I am sorry if you are disappointed in me."
She shakes her head and wipes away the tears, "I can never be disappointed in you, little Wolf. But if it makes you feel any better, I am planning on leaving for Dorne today to try and get you out of that betrothal."

His face lights up, "Really?"
"Yes," she smiles, "But if I am unable to do it, I want you to make good on your promise to Qoren Martell and then marry one of his daughters at an agreed-upon time. I will not let you get married while you are still young."

He throws his arms around her, "Thank you, Lyanna. I promise I will do my duty if it comes to it."
She kisses him on the head, "Good," she gives him one last hug before standing up, "Our bannermen will start arriving soon. I want you to please welcome them alongside Aemond while I am gone."
He also stands up, "I will."

Lyanna looks into her brother's beautiful grey eyes. She sees so much of herself in him. Of all her siblings, Cregan has always held a special place in her heart and she will go to the ends of the world to keep him safe and happy. 

She makes her way to her chambers where she knows Aemond will be. The door of their room is already open when she walks in, finding him and Maester Arwen in a deep discussion at her desk.
"Maester Arwen," she says and folds her hand behind her back, "May I please speak to my husband alone?" 

The maester nods and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. Aemond watches her as she starts pacing up and down before him, knowing it is her way of calming down, a way to help her think.
"What were you thinking, Aemond?" she asks after a while, stopping in her tracks to look at him, "How can you use my little brother as a bargaining chip for an antidote you could've also found in Essos!"

He sighs, "I didn't want to do it, Lyanna. It was Cregan's choice."
"Don't you dare blame this on him! He is a child! He has difficulty deciding what he wants to eat at breakfast, not even speaking about politics and marriage!" 

He looks away, "Maybe you should stop treating him like a child so he can grow up and become a man."
Aemond doesn't want to get mad at Lyanna but he is not in the mood for this type of discussion today. Not with war at their doorstep.

Lyanna walks closer to him, "He can become a man whenever he likes, Aemond, but I am still responsible for him until he comes of age. Until then, I decide what is best for him."
Aemond slams the table, "You were dying, Lyanna! We were both fucking desperate! Don't come to me about him being a child, in Dorne I have never seen him so mature and willing to do what is right than ever before!"

Lyanna balls her fists and takes a deep breath, she knows when Aemond starts yelling and getting violent that things have gone too far for him.
"I am leaving for Dorne, I will need Vhagar."
She turns around and walks away, but he chases after her and grabs her by the wrist, pulling her to him. His lips meet hers as he kisses him with a passion that has been building up from before she went to King's Landing. 

Lyanna pushes him away, shaking her head.
"I can't kiss you like that if I am mad at you Aemond."
He lets go of her and allows her to leave their chamber. Just yesterday he thought he lost her and now she is flying off again, trying to save everyone like she always does. And she is going to Dorne of all places, a place full of snakes. Especially Qoren Martell who he knows has ill intentions with his wife. But he trusts that she will not be as reckless as she was when she went to King's Landing.
Lyanna stops and looks over her shoulder, "And Jace is free to move around Winterfell as he pleases."

And with that she makes her way to Vhagar, climbing on the war dragon easier than the previous time. Lyanna doesn't even have to control Vhagar's mind for her to start flying. The dragon turns her heavy body South, flying back towards the hot and dry region of Dorne, not happy at all to go back there. 

Lyanna knows what is going to happen in Dorne, she has already seen it happen a while ago when she touched the Weirwood in the Godswood. It is a good thing she is going alone since her husband should never find out about it. It would ruin the trust he has in her, even ruin their relationship. No, she thinks, she will do what must be done to get Cregan out of this marriage, no matter the cost.