Chapter 30

The roar gets louder, coming closer to where Lyanna and Dalton are standing. Plumes of fire rush past the window, heating the inside of the room.

Lyanna can hear another dragon as well. She can hear the difference in their roaring. She knows help has come for her. Even if it is too late for her babies. They only needed a few more minutes. Then they would've been safe, they would've still been alive. She should've fought harder for them, should have done more.

Dalton backs away from Lyanna as he sees a strange glint in her eyes.

The walls of Pyke shake, indicating to Lyanna that a dragon has landed.

Her body still aches, and still feels weak and sore all over, but she just lost her whole world, she might even lose her husband after this. But today she will make this man pay. He will feel the hurt and suffering that she is currently feeling.

Strange, isn't it? She sends the message into his mind, watching how his face distorts with confusion and fear. She power inside her has never felt this strong. The ultimate sacrifice, they said. She would rather spend her days without her greensight than without her children. But she can not turn back time. What she can do now is avenge them. She will make them all pay.

"What are you doing?" he asks as he reaches for his sword.

Lyanna lifts her hand, squeezing her fingers slightly to make him scream in pain. He falls to his knees, his hands gripping his head.

"Did you forget who I am, Dalton Greyjoy?" she bends down next to him, tracing her finger across his cheek.

He groans and looks up at her, "The Northern bitch queen!" he spits out.

She presses down hard on his mind, making drops of blood drip from his nose. But no matter how desperately she wants him to suffer, her tired and beaten-up body won't allow her and she lets go of his mind, watching him pant on the cold stone floor. 

The door behind her bursts open and she glances in that direction. An angry-looking Aegon struts into the room, his sword dripping blood. His eyes fall on Lyanna who is so relieved to see a familiar face that her legs give way underneath her. 

"Lyanna," he says worried and rushes towards her, taking off his cloak to drape it over her half-exposed body.

"I am so glad to see you," Lyanna say and sobs, "I only wish you came sooner."

Aegon pulls Lyanna into his arms and allows her to cry against his chest, his eyes never leaving Dalton.

Dalton starts laughing, "How sweet," 

Aegon releases Lyanna and rushes towards Dalton with his sword ready to pierce through his chest.

"No!" Lyanna yells out to stop Aegon from killing him, "He is mine to torture and kill." 

Aegon glances at Lyanna before he spins his sword around and knocks Dalton unconscious with the hilt of the weapon.

"Then we will take him with us to Winterfell," he rips pieces of Dalton's clothes and ties his hands and feet. Lyanna hears Aegon's dragon roar and feels the heat of more fire warming up the castle.

"Where is Aemond?"  she asks as she stands up with her shaky legs.

Aegon grabs hold of Dalton's feet and starts pulling him towards the door, "We can talk as soon as we are out of here. Do you need help to walk?"

He finds it difficult to look Lyanna in the eyes without seeing the bruises. The purple bruise underneath her jaw looks worse than the rest. 

She shakes her head and gives a few steps towards him, but feels her legs wobble before falling.