Chapter 4

The Kingsguard escorts her to the Throne Room. The last time she was here symbols of the Faith of the Seven could be seen everywhere. Rhaenyra must've changed it back to how it was before the Hightowers took charge because it has been replaced with symbols of Old Valyria.

Lyanna doesn't follow the Faith of the Seven, staying with her roots deeply planted with the Old Gods, the ones who have been there for her family since the First Men. It is because of them that she can be a greenseer, that she can tap into the weirwood trees to see things from long ago.

The heavy doors of the Throne Room groan as they are pushed open by two of the Kingsguard.
The smell of smoke fills the air as she walks inside, seeing large braziers filled with piles of wood, all of which have been lit. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves. Realizing just how deep she is nestled in the enemy's den.

Rhaenyra won't do anything rash, she tries to calm herself. But she remembers the letter again, it was written in Rhaenyra's handwriting and she is more than willing to start another war.

The throne starts approaching her fast and to her shock, it is not Rhaenyra waiting for her.

On top of the jagged throne sits a smug Deamon Targaryen. His one leg is pulled up so his foot rests on the seat of the throne. His hair is longer than the last time she's seen him. Her eyes scan around the throne room, but there is no sight of the Queen.

"Lyanna Stark," he says as he plays with a dagger in his hands.
Lyanna pulls her shoulders back, "Daemon. I was hoping to not see you at all."
He smiles, "Too bad." he drops his foot to the ground and gets up, "I was quite surprised to see you on the back of a dragon. And on your husband's dragon nonetheless."
Lyanna watches him move closer, "Where is the Queen?" she asks.
Daemon does not answer, "Tell me something, I have always wanted to know. How does it feel like to sleep with a traitor? Does it make you feel more powerful?"

Lyanna doesn't dare to break eye contact as Daemon stops inches from her.
"I don't know, you should ask your wife," she answers.
His hand shoots out, wanting to grab her throat, but it stops mid-air.
Lyanna smiled, "What? Too afraid to touch me?"
She can see the anger inside him seeping out of his pores. The joy it brings her to see him so afraid.
Does your wife know you are sitting on her throne? she asks him as she taps into his mind.

"Get out of my head," he growls and steps away. Just then more guards come walking into the Throne Room, announcing the arrival of the Queen.
Lyanna turns around to face the doors, seeing how Rhaenyra gracefully walks towards her, a smile on her face.

"Lyanna," she greets, taking her hands, "It is good to see you again."
Lyanna smiles, "You too, Rhaenyra. I apologize for coming unannounced."
"I expected that you would come, although I didn't expect to have you here so quickly after I sent the letter. And on dragon's back?"
Lyanna nods, "Vhagar wasn't too happy about it."
Rhaenyra laughs, "I can only imagine." she turns to Daemon, "I hope my husband gave you a warm welcome."
Lyanna stares at Daemon who looks like he can plunge his dagger in her neck.
"It was definitely warm," Lyanna say before looking back at Rhaenyra.

"Hmmm," Rhaenyra lifts an eyebrow, "I don't want to be rude, Lyanna, but I have a few important council meetings today. It would give me great pleasure if you can stay the night as my guest and dine with us tonight. We can talk tomorrow."
She was planning on being back in Winterfell before nightfall, but this meeting is more important than going back home today. Aemond will understand.

She nods, "I would love that."
Rhaenyra smiles, "Wonderful," she motions a woman closer, "Please ready a room for our guest." she turns back to Lyanna, "I will see you at dinner."
And with that, Rhaenyra leaves the Throne Room. Lyanna can't help but feel something is wrong.

She follows the woman to where she will be staying the night, recognizing the way they are walking. They follow the cold hallways toward a very familiar door.

Aemond's old bedroom.

Of course, they would give her this room. The inside of the room hasn't changed at all. Lyanna walks around the room as the woman starts lighting a fire in the fireplace.
Why would they leave everything like it is?

She makes her way to the bed, hiding a smile as she thinks back on the last time she was here.

There is a knock at the door.
"Lyanna?"
She turns around and sees the friendly face of Jace as he peaks around the door.
"Jace!" she exclaims and runs towards him.
He grabs her and pulls her into a tight hug, "It is so good to see you."
"I missed your face, Jace. You should come and visit us at Winterfell."
He looks away and his eyes scan around the room, "I want to -" he sighs, "Let's go for a walk."

She already knows what he wanted to say. He is being held here like a child, not allowed to go where he wants to.
They walk out of the bedroom towards the gardens. One of the few places in the Red Keep where a person can talk privately. She has a lot of questions for him and he won't answer them if there are ears everywhere.