Chapter 25

Lyanna opens the flap of the tent, allowing the sunlight from the setting sun to rush into the darker interior. The soldiers are busy starting fires to warm the campsite and preparing food. 

She looks over at where Aemond and Cregan are still discussing his new sword, with Aemond showing him a few tricks on how to work with such a big and heavy sword. Cregan has always respected Aemond, ever since they met in King's Landing. And now they are closer than Aemond and Aegon are. Almost as close as she and Brandon. Lyanna doubted that any brother and sister can ever be closer than how she and Brandon was. She still wonders if he didn't rake the Black if he would still be alive. Or would he have died somewhere else under different circumstances? Because he would've made a wonderful Warden of the North.

With a sigh, she turn back and enter the dimly lit tent. Lyanna expected to be met with an older woman, one dressed in rags or as a maid. Not the one that is currently standing with her back towards her. Her beautiful dark curls fall down her back and rub against the green silk of her dress. For a moment Lyanna stops dead in her track, taken aback by the presence of this woman. Until she turns around and Lyanna sees her familiar green eyes. Where has she seen them before?

"My Queen," Alys Rivers says as she curtsies low before her. 

Lyanna can feel a strange tug in her chest and it makes her want to take a step back from her. 

"Alys Rivers," Lyanna says and tries to hide her discomfort behind a smile, "Have we met before?"

Alys shakes her head and her striking green eyes stare deep into Lyanna's, making her feel like Alys can see more than Lyanna wants her to see. 

"We have not met yet, My Queen. But I have heard many things about you," she smiles, "That is why I am here, to see you with my own eyes."

Lyanna frowns. She doesn't know what this woman wants, but she doesn't have the time to entertain someone who is not here regarding the war. 

"You saw me. Now," Lyanna steps out of the way to make to exit of the tent easily accessible, "We are about to go to war, it is not safe for someone like you to be here."

Alys doesn't make a notion to exit the tent. Instead, she places her hands on her hips. The movement catches Lyanna's eye and she can see the small baby bump protruding from under her clothing.

"It will not be safe for you if you are pregnant," she makes her statement again and nods towards the exit. She must be close to three months pregnant by the looks of it.

Alys gives a soft laugh, "I can't, My Queen. You see," she walks closer to Lyanna, "This baby is a royal baby."

Lyanna feels her back stiffen. She doesn't like where this is going. Why is she here? And if it is a royal baby, then who is she looking for?

"If you are looking for Aegon, then I am sorry to disappoint-"

"No, not Aegon," Alys cut her off, "Aemond. Your husband."

A magnitude of anger, fear and heartache mixes in her chest, making her feel at a loss for words. Aemond would never in his life go behind her back and make another woman pregnant. Of all the people she knows, he is the last one that she will suspect of being unfaithful to their spouse. 

Lyanna shakes her head, "No, Aemond would never."

"Oh, but he did. His visit to Riverrun was a very lonely one and he was looking for some company. Now I am left with the repercussions of our night together," 

"Impossible," Lyanna try to say with authority but the pressure on her chest keeps on tightening, "Aemond was just there a few days ago and you are already far into your pregnancy."

Alys's hand reach out to Lyanna's cheek but Lyanna quickly slaps it away. 

"This is no ordinary pregnancy. You of all people should know that," 

Not normal? In what way? Lyanna's mind starts to run through everything that has happened in the last few days. Aemond returning from Riverrun, him having that strange magical aura.

"You," Lyanna hiss and she walks towards her pushing her back against the table in the middle of the tent. Alys groans as her back hits the table hard enough to push it backwards.

"You are a witch!" Lyanna yell and grab hold of Alys's dress, "You placed some sort of magic over my husband. I should kill you right here, right now."

"Then do it," Alys say with a smile and grab Lyanna's face. Lyanna can feel her face start to burn and feel how it creeps deeper into her flesh.

"What are you doing?" Lyanna asks and pulling her dagger from her belt and slicing Alys's hand. With a scream, Alys pulls away.

The tent opens and in comes Aemond and Cregan with a few of her bannermen following them.

"What is going on?" Aemond asks as he looks between the two women.

Lyanna tries to breath normal again, but her breath just keeps coming out in ragged hisses. 

She points her dagger at Alys before she aims it at Aemond, "I don't know, Aemond. You tell me. She is your whore after all."

Aemond looks confused and the frown between his eyes deepens, "My what? What are you talking about?" 

"Take her and lock her up in a cage," she orders two of the soldiers that are standing behind Cregan, "And don't let anyone near her. Bring me the key when you are done."

"You can't lock her up, Lyanna! People will disagree with what is going on here," Aemond say and tries to stop the soldiers as they grab hold of Alys who is still clutching at her hand, the blood streaming through her fingers. 

"I agree," Cregan chips in, "The woman is pregnant."

Lyanna starts laughing, "Yes, I know. And the child belongs to Aemond."

Again Aemond shakes his head. He has no idea where Lyanna is getting these ideas from.

Lyanna slams her fists into his chest, "Don't act as if you don't know, Aemond. She came to you while you were in Riverrun! That is why you were reeking of magic, it is because you couldn't keep your hands to yourself and rather indulge in her pots of pleasure. Is it because I can't give you more children?"

"Lyanna-"

"Are you so desperate for another child that you would go and make one with another woman?"

"Lyanna, stop-"

"Or am I just not good enough for you anymore?"

"Will you fucking listen to me!" Aemond yelled and grab her arms, "I don't know that woman! I have never seen her in my life!"

Lyanna pull away from him, "You might think your act can fool people, but it doesn't fool me."

And with that, she storms out of the tent. She saddles the first horse she sees and rides off into the distance. If only she had her greensight and if only she could penetrate the mine of that witch and torture her until her brain runs out of her nose and ears. She will be able to see what happened and know if her husband is guilty of what Alys told her. But the Old Gods took her gift away from her. A gift she was born with, a gift that was such a part of her life it was like breathing. First, she loses her abilities and now she is losing her husband. Everything is falling apart and it scares her to think of what might happen next. Are they going to lose this war as well? Will she be the reason the North is lost to Rhynaera? What will happen to her family if she is unable to protect their home? More and more questions fill her head, making her dizzy as she runs into the closest forest. The trees rush past her. 

Aemond. Alys. Rhynaera. Cregan. Talisa. Rhaegar. Alicent. Helaena. Aegon.

Faces rush past her, making it even more difficult to see.

She loses her grip on the saddle and feels herself falling from the horse towards the ground. Her head hit something hard and she feels herself slowly losing consciousness.