Chapter 13

Lyanna only woke up the following day, feeling stiff and uncomfortable. The sun already came up a few hours ago. Aemond left her to sleep when he got up. When he came to bed last night he found her still lying in the same position as when he left. Throughout the night he woke up frequently, checking on her to ensure she was still breathing. She didn't move at all, which worried him. 

She groaned as she swung her legs over the side of the bed, feeling the heat from the fireplace warm her feet. Slowly she makes her way to her clothes that has been taken out for her and placed on the settee next to the window. She gets dressed with difficulty, having to stop a few times to breathe. 

Ever since she woke up she only had one thing on her mind and she would like to sort it out before the day is over.

She makes her way to the Great Hall, knowing she will find one of her family members there. One of them should be able to point her toward where Aamond is if he is not in the hall.

To her surprise, she finds all of them there: Aegon, Aemond, Helaena, Alicent, and Maester Arwen. They are all standing around a table, bent over to look at something.

"I hope you are all busy planning a war," she says as she approaches them. Their heads shoot up.
Aemond smiled at her, but it is Aegon that jumps up to greet her.

"If it isn't my one and only Sister-in-law," he hugs her.
Lyanna frowns and pulls away from his hug, "What do you want?"

Aemond steps forward, "He wants to lead a group of your men into battle, but I told him they won't listen to him."

Lyanna nods, "No, I think it's a wonderful idea."
"You do?" everyone asks simultaneously.
"Why not? I think it's time Aegon proves himself on the battlefield."
"I know how to fight,"
"Really?" Aemond asks with a smirk.
Aegin rolls his eyes, "Don't start with me."
"The only fight you have ever won was the day you decided to stop drinking," Helaena chips in.
Lyanna claps her hands together, "It is settled then. Now-" she walks to the table to see what they are looking at, "What have you been doing the whole day?"

Aemond quickly informs her of the letters that have been sent and that they are expecting replies soon.
"Good, the bannermen will be here before we know it. Maester Arwen, will you please ensure we are ready for them?"
He nods, "Of course, my queen."

Lynna lets out a shaky breath, feeling a bit nervous about another war so soon after the other. How will her men feel about it all?

A guard dressed in Stark armour comes walking in, bowing his head towards Lyanna and then the rest.
"Our prisoner asks if he can see you, my queen?"  he asks, immediately confusing Lyanna. She looks at Aemond, a muscle jumps in his jaw.
"Our prisoner? Would someone like to inform me about this?" she seethes. She doesn't like it when she is not kept up to date with the happenings in and around Winterfell. No matter if she was fighting for her life, this is something she finds very important and it should've been mentioned to her already.

Aemond steps forward, but Lyanna puts her hand up, keeping him from speaking. 
"Mother," she says and turns to Alicent, "Will you please explain to me what is going on? I don't trust anyone else to tell me the whole truth."
She can see the hurt in Aemond's eye as he steps away from her. Alicent smiles and nods her head, looking quickly at the others.

"The day you were poisoned in King's Landing, Jacaerys Velaryon brought it upon himself to bring you back to us. We were all uncertain if we could trust him so we kept him locked up in a guest chamber."

Lyanna pinches the bridge of her nose and takes a deep and steady breath. They really want Rhaenyra to hate them more than she already does. Haven't they learnt from the whole incident with Luke?