Chapter 19

She had much explaining to do after the stunt she pulled last night. Aegon didn't like that she used his dragon to do her bidding. Jace did not have a problem but had many questions about how it works and how she does it.

"I don't like having you in my head," Aegon complained, "Next time a warning would be nice."

Lyanna sighed, "It is not like I planned the whole thing. My emotions got the better of me." she folded her arms in front of him, "Besides, do you have something to hide in that tiny brain of yours?"

She was met with a glare, "Ha-ha, very funny. My brain is far from tiny."

Lyanna put her hands on both sides of his face and shake his head back and forth, "Nope, not a sound. Must be from all those years drinking yourself into a coma. Too much wine makes you stupid."

Aemond comes strolling into the Great Hall as Aegon steps away from Lyanna, ready to answer her.

"Sounds like I missed out on a lot," Aemond says as he approaches them. 

"Aemond!" Aegon exclaims and throws his hands into the air, "Finally you are here. Please tell your wife that I am not stupid."

Lyanna looks up as her husband approaches them and a deep frown sets between her eyes. Something is off about him. There is a strange energy radiating from him. An energy that does not feel good. It makes her feel dizzy, causing her stomach to turn and tie into knots. 

"I am afraid my wife is right, Brother," Aemond says.

Aegon scoffs, "What is it, 'Let's all turn on Aegon' day?"

Lyanna roll her eyes as she embrace her husband, "Aegon is just mad that I used his dragon to burn down Dalton Greyjoy's fleet."

"You did what?" he asks and looks at her confused. 

"Yes!" Aegon yells, "Now it is your turn to get into trouble!"

"Oh, please, Aegon!" Lyanna exclaims and folds her arms, "You can't even spell the word."

Aemond chips in before Aegon can answer, "Care to inform me of what happened?"

"I promise I will explain later. How did things go at RIverrun?"

Aemond smiles, "It went well, Lord Tully decided to support the North instead if we can keep Riverrun safe from Daemon."

Lyanna nods, "That's good." she turns back to Aegon and Jace, "Anything else we need to discuss? Or can I continue with the preparations for tonight's feast?"

Jace shakes his head, "Nothing from my side, I will excuse myself and leave you to your duties."

Lyanna smiles at Jace as he leaves the Great Hall, much to Aemond's annoyance.

"I can't believe he is still here," he says the moment Jace is out of earshot. 

"Must say I also don't like having him so close to us, feels like he is spying on us," Aegon adds.

"Please, stop it." Lyanna says and eyes both Aemond and Aegon, "I trust Jace, and so can you."

Aegon shrugs, "Then you must have a smaller brain than me,"

Lyanna tries to punch him but he runs away laughing. She huffs and watches him run out of the Hall. 

"Coward," she mumbles and turns to Aemond, "Are you feeling alright?"

Aemond frowns, "I do...why would you ask?"

Lyanna takes his hand, "Have you been in contact with any magic while you were in Riverrun?"