Chapter 35

Metal clashed as the Southern army ran head-first into The Northmen. 

"For the North!" the men shout with newfound strength, knowing their Queen is finally here. The Southerners consisted of Lannisters, Dornish men, Greyjoys, Arryns, Baratheons and some of Lord Tully's men. Lyanna knows they are only fighting on Rhynaera's side because their Lord is being held as a prisoner. She will not shed their blood today. 

She instructs her wolves with a thought to not harm the men from Riverrun but instead protect them so they can live to see another day.

Lyanna sliced open a few abdomens of the approaching soldiers, feeling them push her and her men back towards the broken walls of Moat Cailin. They are all already ankle-deep in the waters of the swamp surrounding the stronghold. 

"Push, men!" Lyanna yells as they all fight back the larger army. But still, they get pushed back, sinking deeper into the water.

A giant of a man comes running towards Lyanna, his battle axe held high. As he runs he swipes his axe at any person who is in his way. An unfortunate soldier gets cut in half in his attempt to stop this enormous man to approach. 

Lyanna readies her sword, knowing she will have no other choice but to fight him. 

With a roar, he swings his axe at her, Lyanna ducking low, feeling the wind from the axe across her cheek. She tighten her hold on her sword and slash straight through his left calve, hearing him yell out in pain. As the man tries to recover, Lyanna jumps up, using her free hand to push herself over his head and land behind him without a fuss. 

She was just about to cut his head off when he spins around and knock her off her feet. Lyanna falls on her back, feeling the air rush out of her lungs and leaving her gaping like a fish out of water.

Unable to stand up, the man places his foot on her chest, making it even harder for her to get her breath back. The giant press down harder on her chest. She knows he is trying to break her ribs, she can feel the strain on the bones. Lyanna put her hands underneath his foot as she tries to push it off, but the lack of oxygen prevents her to do anything, making her muscles weak.

"I can't wait to cut your head off and parade around with it on a stick." the man says in his booming voice. 

She tries again to suck in some air, feeling her vision starting to blur, making it almost impossible to even try and tap into his mind.

Then suddenly the giant gets pushed off her, as he gets tackled to the ground. Lyanna roll to the side, watching what is happening. The air slowly returned to her lungs. 

A wounded Cregan lifts his sword as he stands up from where he and the man just fell to the ground. 

"I will not let you harm my sister!" he yells at the man, exhaustion painted all over his face. 

The giant man laughs, "Another Stark, this will be even better. Not just one head, but two. They will crown me the King of the North when I am done with you!"

He slams his axe down, Cregan just blocking it in time. Ice sings as the metal scrapes against each other, Cregan is not strong enough to hold the man back. Instead, he steps out of the way, lowering his sword. In doing so he gives the man easy access to his flank, leaving it exposed for anyone to give a final blow to the young Stark boy. 

But Lyanna already saw what is going to happen, jumping up with a groan, pushing her sword between Cregan and the giant as he tries to sink his sword into her brother's flesh.

"I am done with you!" Lyanna yells, giving the man a kick to his gut before plunging her sword into his stomach and twisting it, pulling his guts out along with her sword.