Chapter 27

The world around her is spinning, moving from side to side and up and down. She can't remember much, the last thing she can recall is falling from her horse. Strange enough she can still hear the clicking of hooves close by. Maybe her horse didn't stray too far. 

Lyanna tries to open her eyes, blinking rapidly to get the fog in front of her eyes to disappear. Slowly her vision becomes clear and is she met with herself dangling off a horse, staring directly at the ground below her that is moving past faster than she would like. 

"What?" she asks and groan as her stomach twist and turns at the movement. 

"The Queen is awake!" she hears a voice close by. She tries to look up and sees three more horses with their riders beside her.

"What is going on?" she is able to ask. Lyanna tries to move her hands but feels the strong ties around her wrists as her arms are pulled back behind her. How is it possible that she ended up in this situation? She didn't go that far from the camp. Shouldn't the guards have been able to spot any enemy groups if they came that close?

"Sorry, but we don't have to explain anything to you." 

Lyanna drops her head again, feeling the ache in her neck from straining to look around her. She tries to remember what happened, but there are no memories of what happened after the fall. 

"At least tell me where we are going?" she asks again, moving her wrists to try and get her hands loose. But the restraints are so tight around them that she has to bite down hard not to yell out in pain. The restraints must have dug into her wrists the whole ride, not that it would take a lot of effort to cut into her skin if it is so tightly bound. 

"You will see, Your Highness. We are only a day or two's ride away from our destination."

She sighs, this means she will have to endure this discomfort for much longer. Not to mention be in their presence. By the sound of it, they will not be treating her fairly. This must be Daemon's doing. No one hates her as much as him. 

"Must be embarrassing for you," one of the riders says, "The Queen of the North is now nothing but a prisoner, tied to the back of a horse like a sack of potatoes."

She laughs, "I would rather be tied to the back of the horse than be in your company any longer. I can smell your retched breath from over here."

"You bitch," the rider says and sees how he lifts his foot and shoots it backwards, hitting her in the face, causing her to black out. 

°°~~°°~~°°

Lyanna is rudely awakened by a splash of water on her face. She yelps at the cold of it, dripping down her face and wetting her clothes.

"Was that necessary?" she asks angrily. 

"Good evening, Your Highness." the rider greets, smiling with his crooked teeth pointing in all directions. His breath whooshes over her face and makes her gag. 

"Oh," she answers, "It's you. It is hard to mistake you for someone else if you smell like rotten fish."

That earned her a slap across the face. She groans and whimpers from the sting across her cheek. That definitely left her mark. Her jaw is still stiff and sore after the kick she got to her face.

"We are not your subjects, My Lady. So know your place or we will all have fun with you." he walks away, "You can be glad we have the decency not to rape you. But that can quickly change." he says over his shoulder and join the rest of the men around the fire the made some distance from her. The cold of the night has already dug through her clothes and is cooling down her skin. There where her clothes are drenched with water she can feel herself going numb. They could've at least made the fire closer to her. Do they want to deliver her to Daemon as a corpse? Maybe that is the whole point. He wants her dead before they reach their destination.