tri

Just another night at Cowboy Joe's.

"Becky, can you clean up the men's bathroom, I think some kid just puked..." Chin is talking mere inches away from my face, and I can't help but crinkle my nose at the smell of his breath.

Nodding far more enthusiastically than necessary, Operation Ass-Kissing being still on, I make my way towards the bathrooms in the back of the restaurant where Chin left me a bucket of water, soap, gloves and a sponge. Pushing the door, a hideous smell invades my nostrils, making me nearly throw up myself, and I can't help to think of how compared to this, Chin's breath is fucking mint and rainbows.

I sigh loudly, rolling up the sleeves of my shirt and, taking off my hat, I put my hair in a messy ponytail. In the cubicle on the far left, I finally spot the thing. It's not as bad as I thought it would be but it still remains cleaning a stranger's vomit while in a cowboy outfit. I start to scrub forcefully, trying not to look at it too much.

That's what I hate about Saturday night shifts; it's usually just an employee, tonight being me, and Chin, and most of the customers are teenagers coming back from the clubs, in need of some greasy food after the liquor and God know what. And apparently, they now puke everywhere.

After a good twenty minutes of cleaning, I'm finally satisfied of my work, even though there's still a faint smell floating around the bathroom. After washing my hands, twice, and putting back the cleaning stuff in a cupboard, I go back in the dining room behind my cash register. All the customers from earlier are now gone, and the only people left are a group of three noisy guys, obviously drunk and eating like pigs, and, in the far corner near by the window, are Heng, Nam and Freen, the first two talking animatedly over a plate of Fries while Freen seems to be looking out the window. It's been a week since our fight in the bathroom and, as I thought, she got over it pretty well and didn't even look at me since then. Whatever.

The restaurant is quiet, only filled with the occasional laugh from one of the guys, now engaged in a "let's show our muscles to each other" session and the whispers coming from Heng and Nam. Despite all my efforts, I can't stop to chance some looks at Freen, who's sitting with her back turned on me. I suppose the three of them are coming back from a club in town because Freen's wearing a nice white blouse that expose her whole torso. She's wearing her hair down, and give it a big curl and I notice for the first time that she has a tattoo tulips on her left rib part Mmm, sexy.

I shake my head, blinking a bit

I shake my head, blinking a bit. Not sexy, not sexy. But it's as if my eyes are drawn to it; the way the tulips seem to be moving whenever she takes the slightest breath or the way the flower contrasts beautifully with the creamy white of her skin. Looking away for the thousandth time, my breath hitches suddenly when I catch Freen's eyes in her window reflection. We stare at each other for a moment before I rapidly lower my gaze, finding a new interest in the straw dispenser. Fuck, I hope she didn't see me staring. It's not like I was staring at her anyway, I was merely admiring her tattoo really and-