nayn

The week passed by in a blur after the Harry Potter's night on Sunday.

Chin gave me shifts practically every night and I had a load of homework to do resulting in me turning into a hermit. Typical week actually.

Except for one thing though. One thing that has been the diametrical opposite of all every other normal weeks.

Freen.

She's all I seem to be able to think about. Literally. And it's becoming ridiculous because she's certainly one girl I'll never have the chance to get in a million years.

I didn't see her much this week but there's really no surprises there since it probably has been an even busier week for her than it has been for me.

The student election took place on Tuesday and of course, Freen was elected school president with an overwhelming majority. I couldn't help but look at her with what I assume was an admiring face during her whole speech. She seemed so passionate about the stuff she was talking about and it made her look incredibly gorgeous. Our eyes met once, at the end of her speech; I was applauding with the other ones and when I saw her looking at me, I smile playfully before winking, Freen answering with a gummy smile. The butterflies were back in a matter of seconds.

On top of that, it was the first football game yesterday and Freen being the head cheerleader, I guess she had to take care of a lot of things. I just don't get how she does it really; she's practically involved in everything in school and yet manages to get good grades.

So it's finally Friday and I'm currently hurrying down the empty corridors, trying not to be late for Politics.

When I arrive in the classroom, I sigh with relief when I see Teacher Yah's not even there yet and I immediately go take my usual place next to Irin who greets me with one of her trademark hugs.

Her and Nop are discussing about god knows what so I start to absentmindedly doodle little stars and hearts on the corner of a blank page in my notebook, my mind drifting once again to Freen; we're actually going to spend our lunch hour together since today's the day of the auditions for our talent show.

It would be lying to say I'm not nervous about it; it's like something shifted between Freen and I since Sunday but, then again, it's probably just happening in my own head. Still, it took me forever this morning to get dressed, something that usually never happens. I finally settled on a plaid black spaghetti strap shirt, white skinny jeans and top it off with maong jacket. I do also put a slouchy black beanie, since, my hair was a total mess.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I realize I almost doodled on half of the page already

Snapping out of my thoughts, I realize I almost doodled on half of the page already. Is this bloody class ever starting? Sighing, I drop my pen on the desk and bring my hands up to stretch my sore back. As I'm doing so, I let my eyes lazily trail over the students gathered in the classroom, all waiting for an obviously late Teacher Yah when I meet the eyes I can't stop thinking about.