tuwenti wan

"So, Bec, have you heard of Freen yet? Well, obviously, if it's not too indiscrete to ask and if you want to talk about it because we could easily change the subject if you're uncomfortable..." Nop trails off, eyeing me with concerned eyes as we're leaning against our lockers, waiting for the morning bell to ring.

I shrug, giving him a small albeit reassuring smile. Nop's always incredibly sweet, always trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. "It's fine Nop. And no, we haven't talked yet ..."

It's been three days since we came back from Bangkok. Even though I knew Freen wouldn't arrive at school, push me against a locker and kiss me in front of everyone only to claim me hers, I must admit I was somehow hoping she would have done something by now. Anything. I would take anything.

I wish I could trust her but right now, it feels like she's running again. And I don't know what to think anymore.

"That card she gave you was super mega cute though!" Irin squeals, her eyes shining. She sighs dreamily, seemingly lost in her thoughts.

"Yes, it's pretty cute ..." I reply, thinking about the card now lying under my pillow. I don't know how many times I've looked at it since Freen gave it to me, my heart swelling a bit more each time I remembered how nervous she was when she came knocking at my hotel room's door. And how incredibly cute it made her look.

"Hey losers, what are you talking about?" Mind stops in front of us, her cleavage generously revealed by a particularly tight blouse.

"Shit Mind, have you even looked at yourself in a mirror today?" I ask bluntly, eyeing her up and down.

"Uh, yes." She replies in a 'duh' tone. "And I look pretty ace if you ask me. These are good tits babes, why shouldn't I show them?"

I raise my eyebrows and we stare at each other for a moment before we finally both start chuckling.

"That made me sound like a slut, didn't it?" Mind manages to say through laughter.

"A bit, yes." I grin. Irin and Nop nod, giggling too. You have got to love my sister.

"We were actually talking about Freen and Becky, what could be the right word?...roller coaster relationship." Nop replies to Mind when we're done laughing. I'm surprised Nop's even talking to Mind; she usually scares him but I think they're finally seeing the good sides of each other.

"I actually found her holding that card Freen gave her this morning! She was sleeping but I couldn't take it out of her hands for the life of me!" Mind says, smirking.

They all turn to look at me, amused glints dancing in their eyes, and I feel my cheeks turning red.

"Oh come on Bec, that was cute!"

"Shut up Mind!" I mutter, nudging her in the ribs. Truth be told, I've been sleeping with it for the past three days. Even stayed up considerably too late, just looking at the tiny drawings of the two girls. Freen and me. I try not to have too much hope but I can't help but let my mind wander to scenarios where we're both holding hands like that.

That would make me so happy.

Fortunately, the bell rings before they can tease me more and we all start to make our way to Politics, Irin and Nop chatting together whilst Mind walks a few pace ahead.

I suddenly realize my bag's way lighter than usual.

"Guys, I forgot my book in my locker! Don't wait; I'll catch up with you in a minute." Irin and Nop both nod and I start to jog back towards my locker, hoping Teacher Yah 's going to be late this morning.