tuwenti tu

My shift goes by rapidly; the same dumb clients, the same shitty manager.

"I can't believe Chin left us to close the restaurant. Again." I say to Nop at the end of the night, taking off my hat as I follow him to the employee's room.

Nop laughs. "Don't even get me started on Chin."

I put on my leather jacket and scarf, not even bothering to take off my uniform, grabbing my bag as I wait for Nop to pick up his stuff in his locker.

We finally make our way out of the restaurant, surprised when the cold night's air hits us.

"It's freezing!" I put my hands in my pockets whilst Nop enters the alarm system's code. The little green light flashes, letting us know we're now good to go.

"Goodnight Bec!" Nop hugs me briefly. "And stop obsessing over Freen!"

I giggle. "I won't, I promise." Obviously, I will. I mean it's Freen Sarocha after all- of course, I'm going to obsess over her.

Nop nods and I watch him disappear around the corner of the restaurant.

I start to walk in the opposite direction when a soft voice startles me from behind.

"Becky."

I turn around, my heart practically missing a beat when I see Freen getting up from the curb where she had obviously been sitting.

She walks towards me, the streetlight revealing her cute red nose and messy blonde locks. She's sporting an adorable black wool coat with a thick green scarf, jeans and black canvas shoes.

"Hi." I greet her shyly, finding nothing to say even though I've been looking forward to talk to her all day long. "Have you been there for long?" I ask, suddenly realizing it's rather cold and that she's slightly shivering.

"No, I'm good."

There's an awkward silence between us as we both look around, averting the other's eyes.

Just tell her you think she's the most amazing girl you have ever met.

"I,I loved what you did in school." I finally offer quietly, smiling as I meet her shiny eyes. "It was wonderful."

Freen grins timidly. "I'm glad you liked it. I hope it didn't embarrass you too much though..."

I shake my head, not wanting her to think anything like that. "Don't be silly! It was the most amazing thing someone ever did for me Freen." I reply honestly, taking a small step towards her because she just looks so adorable I just have to be closer.

Freen bites her bottom lip, her gaze quickly flickering to the ground before she brings her eyes up again, a more determined look on her face. "I mean it you know." She blushes a bit. "I-I love you Becky."

Butterflies erupt in my stomach. I've never seen Freen look so vulnerable and yet so confident, so honest.

"I know." I reply softly, trying to hide how shaky my voice probably is after hearing those beautiful three words, lifting up my hand to tuck a lose strand of hair behind Freen's ear.

Her eyes briefly flutter close.

"Why didn't I see you in school for the rest of the day?" I ask, slowly bringing my hand down even though I don't really want to. "I would have loved to get to talk to you."

Freen blushes again, this time more intensely. "I just- I just wanted to give you some time to... you know, think about everything..." She takes a deep breath, chewing on her bottom lip. "Because there's something I want to ask you..."