portin

R18. 🔞 Read with caution.

Don't tell me I didn't remind you. 🤫

************

Today's the day of our talent show.

And it makes me nervous. Like, really nervous, I think to myself whilst making my way through the school front doors, accelerating my pace a bit when I realize I was supposed to be at the auditorium already five minutes ago.

Freen took care of the final rehearsal alone because I couldn't get out of a shift at work. I'm on my way there to help for the final details, the show actually starting in an hour from now. My heart races a bit just thinking about it.

We sold tickets all week long, Freen often flirting a bit to get guys to buy some.

At first, I must admit it made me jealous seeing her like that- giggling and batting her eyelashes whilst talking to drooling guys- but whenever our eyes locked, she just gave me a wink and a small smile, letting me know I had nothing to worry about.

And just like that, I believed her.

Because that's how much power that girl already has on me. With each day that goes by, I fall further and further for her. I'm so enthralled with everything that's Freen says that I have no choice but to believe her.

The other thing not helping my increasingly growing nervousness is Mind.

I told her about me and Freen earlier this week and since then, she keeps giving me unsubtle thumbs up when I talk to Freen in school.

I know how Freen's not very comfortable with us being together publicly and Mind's not really helping at the moment. I'm sure she wouldn't say anything - I told her to keep her big mouth shut - it's just her lack of subtlety that I'm worrying about.

Although, I must admit to her credit that she reacted in the perfect way you would expect a sister to react when I told her who I was dating.

I enter the house, completely exhausted by my working shift but, at the same time, totally ecstatic thinking back about the way Freen was looking at me whilst eating with her friends.

With those lustful brown eyes.

More and more though, I keep wishing I could just walk up to Freen and kiss her, with no one judging us, without giving a shit about what people could say. Or just hold her hand whilst walking down the school hallways. Basically, I'm dying for us to act as girlfriends.

But then again, I told Freen I would wait for her to be ready. So I try.

When I arrive in my bedroom, all lights are out. I carefully drop my bag on the floor not to wake Mind up and just as I'm about to turn around to go wash my self, I hear a clicking noise behind me before a blinding light invades the bedroom.

"So, who's she?" I hear Mind ask me, her voice clearly dripping with curiosity and eagerness. I slowly turn around to face her. Crap. Of course, she's not one to forget a deal. Even more when it concerns any form of gossip whatsoever.

I sigh whilst sitting cross-legged on my bed, facing Mind who does the same on hers.

I guess I have to tell her, that was the agreement after all- she helps with my clothes for the date, I tell her who was the date with- I just hope I won't regret it afterwards.

Mind shakes her head, visibly annoyed by my silence. "So bitch? Who are you dating? You can't not tell me, we had, like, a deal Bec!"

"Calm down Mind." I take a deep breath. Here goes nothing. "If you must know, my date was with...er..."

I can see Mind physically tensing; her eyes wide open, waiting for me to continue.